Chained bonds| Part 2

:)

"May I ask what that was all about earlier?" Raphtalia scoffed, the three of them headed down a rather empty rock trail, Filo hanging on Naofumi's back- half asleep.

"It was nothing," Naofumi hummed- deciding to avoid the question instead of admitting the truth. It wasn't like he was going to happily talk about it with his teammate- nonetheless someone who seemed to merely be a daughter. It felt off- really off.

"You were kissing Kitamura! You guys have been talking ever since that mission you were sent on! What happened there?" Raphtalia pouted, wishing the raven would come clean and explain why- instead of having to question him. Naofumi let out a grumble, ignoring what she said... For the most part.

"Come on, say something!" Raphtalia ran in front of Naofumi, cutting him off. "Why were you kissing? You hate him almost as much as Myne," Raphtalia sneered. "Or so I thought."

"Listen," Naofumi sighed. "Drop it, okay? It's not important," He scoffed- passing by Raphtalia. He wished they could talk about anything else- even topics he did not need to talk about. He didn't want to get snappy with her- or even show her a tint of annoyance, but the questions got at him. They continued walking down the trail towards their destination- the demi-human keeping a gaze on the raven.

They reached their destination, a large cave before them. Tainted blue light illuminated against the bright sun- causing a rather calming colour blended together on the path. Naofumi let Filo off of his back- and she wiggled beside him- starting into the deepening caverns.

"Alright, be careful the whole time... And let's get a few levels up," Naofumi hummed, walking into the darkness. With a small groan- still anticipating for answers- followed the two in- drawing her sword in case of any immediate danger.

~~~~

"What...What do you mean by that?" The blond stammered, his red-orange eyes becoming more and more lifeless by the second. He couldn't comprehend the situation- neither that he wanted to. The blond was quick to take a step back, his heel thudding on the floor.

The woman was hasty to let a mischievous grin come across her face. Her glass green eyes flashed Motoyasu a look of pure sins, the look was even more sinister from the make-up smeared on her face. Malty rose a hand to her chin, positioned in the throne- as if she ruled.

"Well, I am still respected after all," Malty snickered, letting her thumb slowly stride across the real gold of the throne- eyes narrowing at the richness. Motoyasu could feel his heart crashing- shattering. He wanted to retort- pray one million times to the red-head, but his words would be as useless as an animal attempting to speak to a human. Absolute nonsense.

Myne stood up from the chair, her heels clicking on the red carpet as she stepped closer to the blond. "Just follow my orders, and you can keep that scum safe," Myne hummed, crossing her arms over her chest. Riches tinged as she crossed her arms, presents she had received from her father.

"Do not fucking call him that! And can't you-"

"Hush! Do you want his life to be in danger or not?! By my orders, you have no right to be getting close to him, let alone dating him for some silly mark! Are you out of your mind?!" Myne hollered. Motoyasu let his hands turn into tight fists- not that they weren't already. For the first time here in Melromarc, he held his head down low in shame and challenged tears that swelled in his eyes.

He didn't want the raven to get hurt, especially because of him. Silence was quick to fall, neither uttering a word. The blond was too stunned and broken to speak- and the red-head waited for an answer- a twisted grin on her face. Apparently, the mere execution hadn't shown her enough.