Workaholic| Writer AU

Naofumi placed a few books followed by a dozen papers down on a wooden desk. Motoyasu sat at that very desk, going over the most recent book Naofumi had written. Naofumi crossed his arms, a rather irritated look on his face. 

“Something the matter, boss?” Motoyasu, Naofumi’s assistant, spoke… The blond’s voice was surprisingly concerned. Naofumi kept his eyes darted away, and the lighting of the candle made his complexion all the more serious… And imitating. 

“Yes. Very much so,” Naofumi began. “The public! Always the public!” Naofumi began. He was quick to kick himself off the desk, beginning the start of a rant mixed with quick pacing. “We’re so close to coming out with possibly the greatest book on the shelves! I understand it’s been a while since I’ve written, but they just keep pushing and pushing! I stayed up for nights to write all of this- I just- I hate it so much,” Naofumi ranted, his speed picking up the more he complained, and the more he worried. 

Motoyasu turned his body, hand resting on the armrest. “I’m merely done checking it over, Naofumi… I’m sure we can have out a few copies next week,” Motoyasu hummed. 

“The press and my counsellor will demand to go through it- and you know how they are. I might have millions of my books taken off the shelves by people- but the company just doesn’t want to go over them- read them- or do anything with them! My books simply collect dust while they take in books written by shitty ass authors who put no emotion into what they write,” Naofumi huffed. 

“Naofumi… You really shouldn’t be so hard on yourself. I know that you stress about it every night, and it’s easy to see how much all of the demands have impacted you, but you deserve the break. And Don’t worry about your dumb counsellor. He’s lazy as all do hell. Blame it on him,” Motoyasu said. The blond stood from where he sat, getting closer to Naofumi. He gently rubbed his shoulder, moving down his arm slowly. The raven let out an irritated sigh, but rested his head against the blond’s shoulder- as if to tell him he’d calm. 

“You’re a great writer; and I’m sure people will be less demanding once you publish it,” Motoyasu assured. He placed a hand on Naofumi’s head, gently moving his hand through Naofumi’s soft locks. Motoyasu took his hand off Naofumi’s shoulder, reaching into the raven’s pocket. Naofumi was quick to be alerted. 

His head popped up, “What are you doing-?”

“Taking your phone,” Motoyasu blatantly stated. “Just sit down, and ignore it. I know this is where the stress is coming from. I hear it go off y’know,” Motoyasu stated, gently tossing the phone to the table behind them. Naofumi stepped closer, wrapping his arms around Motoyasu’s waist. 

“Wow, really know your way to a man’s heart,” Naofumi teased. He gently shook his head but fastened his grip around his assistant. “I hate it when you’re right, you know,” Naofumi mumbled. But, Motoyasu knew he was thankful. 

“So… How is it looking so far?” Naofumi asked- trying to change from the bad mood… A classical workaholic move.  

“Not bad, very interesting compared to your stereotypical romance plot from last time,” Mootyasu snickered, getting a side-eye in return. 

“You’re an ass.” 

“Very aware, Nao.” 

Naofumi moved past him, leaning against the table once more, but he kept their fingers lightly skimmed over one another. He gestured his head to the side, insinuating for Motoyasu to come closer. So, the blond followed. He stood in front of Naofumi, letting the raven run his hands along Motoyasu’s hand. Quicker beats were present in the blond’s heart, and his hand tingled at the warm and gentle touch.