Should he tell?

Naofumi sat in his home, curled up in bed. To most of the public, he'd just seem like a normal teen that slipped out the door every day to run to school, late, and was a burden to the family. No one in his generation seemed to impress their parents, not carrying out the same legacy they did. It was normalized at this point.

It was day five. He only left his bed to go to the bathroom or wash his face- simply just because he felt disgusting in the morning if he didn't. He had a water bottle always near him- and hadn't been bothered to exceed to lower floors to get food. He had grown thinner, underweight in just a few days of not eating... And heavy eyebags were present under his eyes... Too busy crying the night away to bother about sleeping.

At that moment, he clutched his phone close to his chest, texting back his childhood friend, Motoyasu. The blond had always been there for him and had texted him non-stop through the past four days... Day one, not having much concern. It wasn't uncommon for Naofumi to skip school for no reason, so Motoyasu saw no flaw.

He'd constantly send out messages to the raven, Naofumi only now picking up... He just wasn't in the mood to go through his phone- nor talk to someone. His mother tried to drag him off to school, and he only snapped at her. He didn't mean to be pushy, he was just sleep-deprived and depressed.

Naofumi read the final message Motyoasu sent, feeling his heart stop for just a moment, terrified.

Motoyasu; I'm coming over for a bit. You're reading my messages but not replying, you never do this. I'll make sure to bring some of your favourite snacks, maybe that will cheer you up? I just want to make sure you're okay, alright?

Motoyasu; I'll be there in ten.

Naofumi put his phone on the nightstand, covering his eyes with one hand. He knew it was smart to get up, refresh himself and throw on a new set of clothing... But he didn't even have the motivation to get up. Even just tossing his phone back on the piece of furniture pushed his ability. He slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes- adjusting to the dark room after looking at a piercing phone.

In at least five minutes of sitting there, completing whether he should get up or not... He hauled his body to go brush his teeth, fix up his hair (not much, it was usually pretty messy either or) and throw on a casual outfit. A turtleneck with long sleeves to cover faint marks on his wrists, a sweater around the waist, black ripped jeans and white sneakers. Casual enough Motoyasu wouldn't question it- but neat enough he wouldn't see him as some sloppy kid who'd completely let himself go.

He sat on his bed, now sitting in the light like a vampire... As if trying to hide his body from the presence of light... To not be seen by the world. He could hear talking downstairs, one obviously being Motoyasu, the other either his mother or sister. Though, probably Rin since his mother was commonly busy working. Naofumi groaned. At least people left her alone.

He could hear footsteps outside his door, and he tiredly looked up already feeling ready to crash back in bed. He casually kicked an empty water bottle beneath his bed, taking away the last evidence that it was not okay... Granted, he had a messy room to start with.

Motoyasu knocked on the door... Slightly surprising Naofumi. He didn't know why, but he didn't expect a knock. He heard a calming, concerned voice come from the other end.

"Naofumi? You in there? Listen, I'm very concerned about you and I want to make sure you're alright. May I please come in?" Motoyasu hummed, keeping a hand on the door handle.

Naofumi clutched his arm... He needed another moment to calm down. "Yeah- Yeah I'm in here! Just wait a moment, I'm in the middle of changing!" He spoke. He leaned his body forward, feeling nauseous from the appearance. He'd overworked himself and spoke for the first time in five days- he just wanted to cry... Curl up... Go back to what he'd made a life out of.