paranoia|

Story idea by  LW2LittleWolf, Sorry it's late I was just busy with school! Hope you like it and have a good day/night everyone :)

"Naofumi-sama, are you alright?" Raphtalia asked, a rather concerned look on her face. His party, alongside the other three heroes and their parties had traveled to an island- anticipating to gain more levels before the next wave. A slow-passing week had already gone by- having to deal with the selfish princess. 

"Yeah, I'm just tired," Naofumi sighed, sitting up from the bed he lay on. "Just hard sleeping in a new place with people I don't trust," Naofumi spoke, staring blankly at the wall ahead of him. Raphtalia took a seat on the bed, hands clasped tightly in her lap. 

"You need sleep, Naofumi… You have me to protect you- you know that-"

"Protection isn't the problem, and I can protect myself just fine… It's just the bitches presence," Naofumi scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest- feeling the needless urge to vomit at just the thought of that entitled redhead. 

"She can't do much to harm you here, alright? Please don't let her get to you… You already look like you might faint anytime-"

"Just- I'm going to get some fresh air," Naofumi claimed, standing up and pacing towards the door. He looked back at the room- seeing the pitiful demi-human, and Filo who quietly snored on a bed of her own. "You stay here with Filo to make sure nothing happens, alright? I'll be back soon." He walked out, pacing through the dimly lit hall- pulling his hood up over his head, covering himself with his cape.

Naofumi stepped outside- taking a seat down on the stairs. He stared into the endless trees, lighting a cigarette, falling under pure pressure. Although he was now on a level of comfort with the other three heroes- even being able to have a good time… Having that closer bond with them pulled a string on the brat. Almost every day she tried and tried to get Naofumi into trouble, to turn them against him once more… It was sickening how often he had to avenge himself from the gutters.

Naofumi ran a hand through his hair, lowering his head. Smoke was quick to fill the midnight air- the bright glaze of the cigarette to cast a hint of light. He raised it to his lips- watching the cigarette move under his quake. 

Naofumi heard the door open- revealing the other three, who were in mid-conversation. Itsuki was first to notice him- and greeted him with a generous smile. "Hey, Naofumi! What are you doing out here?" Itsuki asked, taking a seat next to the raven. 

"Was just having a hard time sleeping and needed some fresh air…" Naofumi mumbled.

"Since when did you smoke?" Ren asked, stepping down to the bottom of the steps. 

"Always." 

Silence filled the air for a few moments- Ren just passed along the cigarette as a casual part of the ravens routine. Itsuki cleared his throat- breaking the awkward tension. "Do you want any medication? I have some in my room," Itsuki offered, focusing his gaze intently on the raven.

Silence fell between the two for a moment- Naofumi taking a puff of smoke- gazing out into the dark forestry again. "I'll be fine, thank you though." 

Motoyasu took a seat on the other side of the raven- peering at him. "You look like you haven't slept in days," He started, catching the gaze of Naofumi.

"Thanks, I'm aware," Naofumi said- rolling his eyes at the statement made. Motoyasu slid a hand along the raven's back, the other reaching for the raven's cigarette. Naofumi glared at the blond with the eyes of a hawk- but let the blond take the cigarette from him.