Comerades|

The waves were done... They were going to be going home soon... But he spent too much time with their happy smiles and kind words.

The sky began to clear.

His cries and prayers became louder until his throat was scratched from his pain.

The other three heroes watched- rain dripping off their still bodies.

The poor raven had nothing left besides a few of Filo's feathers and Raphtalia's sword. They died... Just to make sure the waves were complete.

They died, for him.

"Why?!" The raven screamed. His tears mixed with the heavy rain and his whimpers were all to be heard. The sorrow and pain mixed like a thunderstorm- to stay and show his pain. His fury. His mouth trembled- and his body twitched.

He felt nothing but pain- sorrow. There was no one there to comfort him. He spend his time training them, raising them- and treating them like family. It's like someone had torn a chunk of his heart out.

"WHY?! Why does this world have to be so cruel?!" Naofumi sobbed. He began to choke on his tears. He didn't care to act tough anymore- it all came crashing down when he thought the end of sorrow and pain was near.

Naofumi collapsed to his knees- his head low in shame. He was still too weak to protect them- even if his overall strength was enough to take any boss down. He failed- and so he paid the price.

Smoke rose- and fire bloomed ahead- spreading from tree to tree, headed towards the heroes.

Naofumi felt himself growing weaker- light-headed- numb from the darkness that screamed at him. It was always his fault... Wasn't it? He clutched his chest- the fabric of his cape tearing ever so slightly.

He only knew pain.

It's what he is.

Motoyasu lowered himself to Naofumi, one knee resting on the ground. A hand slid over Naofumi's weeping body- and the other hand clutched his spear. "Naofumi- we have to get out of here..." Naofumi looked at him- eyes grey.

"I won't just leave their bodies here-"

"They're completely gone, Naofumi! I don't mean to be an ass, but they're gone!"

Naofumi furrowed his eyebrows. "They were the only ones there for me! They were like family!" Naofumi sobbed, his tears streaming down his face. He tried not to get violent.

If he hadn't been so useless, they would've been alive.

"Naofumi! I get it- but please- you're going to die too if we don't get a move on!" Motoyasu retorted, watching as the fire grew brighter and higher as it approached.

"I'll die here then! I refuse to just... Leave!"

Naofumi pushed Motoyasu, causing him to lose balance... Though, the weak push meant nothing to the blond.

"Naofumi-"

"Shut it!" His lifeless eyes glared at him. He meant it. He would die here, just to make sure he didn't betray them- or leave their efforts behind. Motoyasu slightly lowered his head.

"Naofumi... You have to leave, please-" Motoyasu sighed- lowering his tone.

Naofumi only clutched his chest harder, his body not moving an inch from where he sat. At this point- it seemed as if the raven had blocked everything out around him- only paying his attention to the memories of him, Raphtalia and Filo. His weak body shivered, twitching in fear.

Motoyasu wrapped his arms around Naofumi- picking him up. Naofumi looked at him with fierce eyes... But he didn't fight physically- unable to even if he wanted to try. "Put me down... Put me the fuck down! I'm not leaving- I-I can't just-"

"Get a hold of yourself, Naofumi!" Motoyasu hissed, not paying a glance to the raven's sorrowful face. Although Motoyasu fought a rough exterior- his heart pained as Naofumi cried- praying for anything but their kind smiles. It shattered his own heart... He couldn't even imagine the raven's pain.

Motoyasu neared his ride back- some of his teammates following close behind- the rest laying dead somewhere on the battlefield... If they weren't burned to Ashes.

Motoyasu looked back at his few teammates- who stared at him with frightful, concerned looks. "Ren and Itsuki have more room and are able to support their teams plus extra... If It's not a bother, I want to go back with Naofumi on my own."

His few teammates paid a couple glances, but were quick to reply. "Of course, Motoyasu, just...Be careful," One of his female teammates spoke. They each bowed to show their deep respect- and quickly fled to where Ren and Itsuki aided their teammates and gave them words of wisdom- to secure their fright.

Even though there was no more to fight and the four heroes would soon be on their way- it was unsettling to know how many fallen soldiers there were that day. Motoyasu got on his dragon- managing to carry Naofumi while at it.

The raven sat before him, his head resting on the blond's shoulders, his tears already clearing dirt off Motoyasu's armour. His body didn't move, and not a word escaped his lips.

He was traumatized from the event. For sure.

Naofumi let out small whimpers- vulnerable to the world. To himself.

"Naofumi... I... I'm sorry you had to witness all of that... But please, you have to collect yourself." Naofumi just sniffed- more tears forming in the corners of his monochrome eyes. The raven didn't care to hear it.

Motoyasu let his free hand gently massage Naofumi's shoulder. The broken man could use all the support he could get.

Naofumi closed his eyes- sniffling. "I raised them and I watched them grow older... I trained them to fight... I thought I had done good-" Naofumi felt his gut drop. "But... I failed. They died..."

Motoyasu tried not to say too much. There was no way of bringing the male out of such a low state. Motoyasu sighed, "Lot's of people died today, Naofumi... They just were in the wrong place at the wrong time... It has nothing to do with you."

Naofumi closed his eyes. "What's the point of continuing if I'm useless... There's no point..."

Naofumi let a pity smile spread across his face. "I was never fit to be a hero."

Motoyasu turned his head to Naofumi, eyes wide. Never fit to be a hero? Even though he was the one who held them together? Motoyasu swallowed- wondering how bad the thoughts in the raven's head truly were.

We're they empty? Suicidal?

"I promise you, you are the best of heroes."

"If I was, I would be able to protect my teammates.."

Motoyasu stayed silent. "You protected them long enough."

Motoyasu tightened his grip on the raven's shoulder. "You were the bravest- and protected them the best."

They both fell into silence- having not a word to say. It was a day they'd all remember to the day they die- and how much they lost. Naofumi hid his red face into Motoyasu's neck- wishing to escape it all.

They didn't share a word the way back- Motoyasu trying his best to comfort Naofumi without a word...Hoping it was best for the male to recover.

Melromarc began to fade into view through thick fog.

I wrote this shitty thing in like-- ten minutes? It was a small idea I thought of and I just thought I'd post it. I mean why not???? Anyway- have fun with this rushed shit storyyy ❤❤ Have a good night/day!