#HappyTears

#HappyTears

*sobs*

*but it's okay because these are happy tears*

*jumps around bedroom like a total idiot*

*squeals*

*makes more high-pitched noises*

Okay. To understand what the heck is going on, we need to go back in time a bit.

You see, my school does this competition every year for students of certain grades (mine included). This year, I got to compete.

No big deal.

To be honest, Lucy and I hate this competition because the information and practice is so boring.

But Lucy and I were the oldest in this ring of the competition, so one of us had to be Team Captain.

Naturally, we both frantically declined the offer.

Our teacher told us to suck it up and be leaders. Which made us panic. We're not good leaders.

Lou and I decided that whoever got the highest score on the practice tests for the competition would be team captain. Lucy was a point above me in overall grades, but in the capstone quiz, I got a 90% (which is high above the average of about 75%).

We rock-paper-scissorsed for it. Loser had to be team captain.

I lost.

However, Lou saw my terrified face and said, "'Sokay, Hannah, I'll be Team Captain."

I praised her internally for days.

However, our teacher didn't know about anything that happened after the rock paper scissors, so when we came to the team meeting on Monday, she had already put me in as Team Captain.

*cue panic accompanied my lots of facepalms*

I was so sure I would fail. The Team Captain from last year was the entire reason last year's team won - he knew how to use his special team captain powers. I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TEAM-CAPTAINING.

However, the competition was today.

AND WE WON. WE WON WE WON WE WON WE WON A STATE COMPETITION OMG FIRST PLACE OMG WE WON

I DIDNT FAIL AT ALL, GUYS

I DID MOST OF THE STUFF RIGHT

I ACTUALLY DIDNT MAKE A WRONG MOVE

AND GUESS WHAT? WHEN IT GOT DOWN TO THE FINALS, WE WON BY 106 POINTS. LAST YEAR'S TEAM WON BY FIVE.

SQUEEEEEE!

WE GOT MEDALS

I GOT TO HOLD THE PLAQUE IN THE PICTURE

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

SO HAPPY

THIS IS AMAZING

WEEEEEEEEE

AND THE BEST PART

IS THAT

WE DON'T HAVE TO STUDY FOR THE STUPID COMPETITION ANY MORE THIS YEAR :D