#Brainstorming

#Brainstorming

I'm sitting at Chick-fil-A with my grandparents and the visitor... this is how our conversation went.

Me: I need help. I failed at plotting, and now I've got my characters into a situation that I can't get them out of.

Grandpa: Good!

Visitor: Make it even worse.

Me: -.-

Grandpa: Well, what's going on?

Me: One of them is being forced to kill another.

Grandpa. Make them say no.

Me: If they say no, everyone else gets murdered.

Grandpa: Oh. Well, do they have an superpowers, or are they just normal people?

Me: WEll, they HAD powers, but now they don't.

Visitor: Are they, like, superheroes?

Me: Uh-huh. They were.

Visitor: Maybe they have to kill their friend to get their powers back. It's worth it, right? Kill one person to save several others? Once they had their superpowers, they could go back to saving the world.

Me: WEll, I guess, but people will rage if I kill this guy off-

Grandpa: Maybe you can just make him come back!

Me: ?

Grandpa: Maybe he's Hindi!

Grandma: He's what?

Grandpa: Maybe he practices hindu. He can be reincarnated.

Me: Except he's kind of been a jerk lately, so he'd probably be reincarnated as a bug.

Grandma: And then someone would step on him.

Grandpa: Mm, maybe a bright light should just shine down from the ceiling and-

Visitor: Or what if you just killed everyone?

Me: *facepalm*

Grandpa: Maybe being killed makes him respawn, but with his powers. Then he could go save everyone else.

Me: Except this guy is the one with the crappy 'super power' that really isn't that great of a super power at all.

Grandpa: *chuckles* Well maybe he can use everyone else's powers.

Visitor: Maybe then he'll start getting greedy for power, and he'll become a super villain-

Grandma: Ooh, that doesn't sound good.

Me: I just- I don't- these are the good guys!

Grandpa: Plot twist!

Me: You guys are no help. -.-