1. Get out

Athena

"Mum what are you saying?" I slowly asked, pausing from taking a bite of my pancake.

"We are not forcing you, we will never force you." Mum said quickly. "But....you know you are 25 and you have a good business going on....you achieved all the things you wanted now. So any thoughts about ... getting married?" She said hesitantly, maybe so I wouldn't panic.

I now chewed slowly, thinking. I was not seeing anyone right now, so are they meaning an arranged marriage?

I had a good job, I was educated, but does that mean I want to enter the 'next step of life' as they say?

".....who do you have your eyes on?" I blurted out, taking a huge bite that I finished the pancake. Both Mum's and Dad's face lit up, thinking I am interested in whatever shit they were gonna say.

Well fuck me, their smiles made me go all bubbly inside, I don't think I can say no to their face.

"Ace Williams, a 26 year old billionaire, handsome, all woman's dream." Mum gushed.

Dad was staring at her. Ouch.

Ace Williams....Ace....Ace...wait, oh no.

"Yeah, no I can't." I replied in boredom, standing up and taking my plate with me.

I never stalked him in anyway, he just happens to be everywhere and manages to be a topic between gossiping groups.

To my dismay.

"Yeah exa- - wait what? Why?" Mum asked, making me go all silent.

Ace.....well, was very handsome. Very handsome, you would be like a little kid on Christmas seeing Santa if you are in front of him.

Looks are deceiving though. I never let it into my head. All that mattered to me was the soul and what the heart was filled with, because that's were actual humanity lives.

I am sure I have met him once in one of the parties my parents dragged me to.

"Isn't Ace....Ace Williams, the man I met during the gala of 2019?" Mum's face flushed as Dad scratched his neck.

So yes. That gala was horrible.

"I was hoping you wouldn't remember." Mum said sheepishly. I rolled my eyes drying off the plate.

"How can I forget a man who splashed champagne on my lovely dress, had the guts to not say sorry, and instead started shouting of how I drenched his shoes? People were staring Dad. Rude asshole." I mumbled at the last so they wouldn't hear me cussing.

"He was kind of....in a tense mood that night." I scoffed at Mum. "Does that mean he has the right to be mean to others?" I shot back but shit, I was in no mood to talk more about this.

"Bu- -"

"You expect me to spend the rest of my life with that rude person?" They shifted on their seats uneasily.

"Still it wo- -"

"Mum." The finality in my tone made her shut up. I gritted my teeth, not being able to forget the humiliation I had to face that night.

I couldn't care less about what other people think. It's about his guts to shout at me when it was his fault.

That incident alone is enough for me to judge him. Simply rude and arrogant.

"If you don't have anything else to talk about, you both may leave." Shit, I was kicking out my parents.

They were the most sweetest parents ever, giving me all the freedom for everything. Other moms would have kicked their kids asses for trying to throw them out.