7. Cereal First

Athena

"Dress up. Your parents want you to visit them." Ace announced, walking into the room as he shrugged off his jacket.

There was something wrong with his statement. I looked up from my laptop and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I feel like you are not gonna come?"

"No." I rolled my eyes. "Then I am not going." Ace gave me a pointed look while removing his shirt, and I quickly looked back at my laptop, knowing I will stare at his amazing ripped body.

I didn't want that now.

"They called you, not me. That means we need to go there, together." I said, looking at the sales of my business today.

"They asked for you to go. And you will go so they would stop annoying me."

"I am not going without you." I said stubbornly. Was it any manners to enter the bride's home alone after their marriage? My parents want to meet him, that's what they are meaning while calling us for dinner, but Ace seems very oblivious to it.

"I am fucking not coming."

"Do you want this room to be painted? I got a whole new design of a- -"

"Don't! Don't think too far. Fuck, I will come." So he hated his newly painted study walls.

Who cares, I got what I wanted.

I stood up closing my laptop, walking towards the door and pausing where he was standing, half-naked. I took a whiff of his smell when I leaned in, it was taking over my senses but I couldn't let that happen.

"You are sweet, husband." With that, I walked out the room and headed to the kitchen. Cause boy, I was hungry for something.

Still, I wouldn't get it from the kitchen.

_________________________________

"That's enough get out and get over with this bullshit already." Ace grumbled, almost shoving me out the room. He was in a bad mood ever since he agreed to visit my parents.

"Do you have any trouble meeting people?" I wondered out loud, after exiting the mansion and getting in the car along with Ace.

And he was such a gentleman to not open my door for me.

He simply ignored my question, me completely, and concentrated on the road. It was good to see the city lights in the night sky fly past but a bit of music was missing.

I turned on the music, but as soon as the song started playing Ace turned it off.

"Hey!" I protested and turned it on again. Completely blank, he turned it off again. "I could do this all day."

I scoffed at his sentence, crossing my arms across my chest and looked out the window. But am I gonna let him go like this?

Pigs would be fly if I did.

I started singing the song I wanted to hear, quite loudly in fact. Two whole minutes later I could see it was starting to get on his nerves, as I saw him clench his jaw. I paused, and his features relaxed.

"Man I could do this all day." I repeated his line and belted out the rest.

"Shut the fuck up dammit, play, play any song you want. Sheesh." He said harshly after two more minutes, while I suppressed my laugh.

"I knew you would love my voice and reward me with what I want, my boo." I cooed, not hiding the glee in my voice as I turned on the music. He grunted in annoyance with his eyes glued on the road.