12. Drunk man's words Spread

Ace

How in the crooked hell was she gonna bring me the deal?

I mean she was successful, much to my shock. Her bubbly character doesn't fit for a business woman, I thought both can't fit in the same body.

But I have an example which proves me wrong sleeping beside me every single night.

I kept listening to her ranting about her jewelry and designs, all the while skipping her head off. I couldn't believe her stamina. I was very bad with skipping. I wouldn't be up for 5, my legs would get tangled with the rope.

Taking a shower I headed to my office, all the while wondering what kind of persuasion that I didn't use would help her get the deal.

She would get it, such was her confidence.

_______________________________________

"Tada!" Athena popped in front of me, twirling around for me to see. "So... How is it?" She said in excitement while I stared blankly.

"You are gonna wear that to the gala?" My question made the wide smile on her face slowly drop to a faint one.

"Why, is it bad? Don't I look good in this?"

"Are you even wearing anything? It's just a thin piece of cloth that doesn't cover your back." I scoffed. Along her spine was a hot dragon tattoo.

 Along her spine was a hot dragon tattoo

All this for strangers? Nope.

"Now I have to tear the eyes of anyone who looks at you for longer than 2 seconds." I grumbled, making her gasp.

"That's the most romantic thing you have said to me in weeks." I rolled my eyes with a single command. "Change."

"I can't." Athena frowned, her pink full lips slightly jutting out in a pout. "Layla was the one who chose this for me, I don't have anything else." Her frown deepened, so did mine.

"Who is this Layla?"

"Great. She is my best friend, Ace." I raised an eyebrow, staring at her. "So your best friend...gives you a dress...that shows almost everything...for a gala...?" I asked slowly, making it clear.