18: Asked him

Athena

I have no idea what's going on.

I was too excited about Bahamas, I never pondered over the fact that Ace was being nicer than usual.

Was it to show the cameras? But what about when he joined you to watch the movie? Or when he played with you in the kitchen while mom called? The food fight? The candies during periods?

Pretty sure there weren't any cameras there.

My head was going crazy and I would blackout if I don't stop thinking now.

I need to clear it.

"Laylaaaa!" I dragged into the phone while skipping out the mansion all dressed up.

It was lunch time at our usual cafe, and Layla was right in front of me to hear my tales while scarfing down the food. Some people were even staring. But she being she, gave no flying fuck.

"He is definitely warming up to you." She commented as she munched on her chicken sandwich. I shrugged while taking a sip of my ice lemonade.

Yeah but why? He hates me...or that's how he acts.

"Yeah. That, seems to confuse me. You see Layla, he doesn't like to warm up, he hates it for the fact." I informed the obvious but she just waved me of.

"People change, Athena. You above others must know that." I sat silently, not knowing how to feel about that.

I wanted attention and perhaps not love, but a sweet, friendly behavior from him. At the same time I like annoying the jerk Ace.

"I...I have always dealt with the rude one. He still is, just not that extreme so it's... overwhelming? I don't know." She nodded in understanding.

"I get it, i get it. I have these thoughts at times too. I just- -"

"Close your eyes and take three deep breaths." I completed for her and she grinned happily.

"Two more chicken sandwiches!" She shouted to the waiter two tables away suddenly like this was a fish market. She loves food.

"Layla!" I tried to sound stern but was laughing. She was funny at times.

"Forget the stink eyes. Just go and deal with him like.....well, how you used to deal with him. He might not show, but he probably likes it." I bit my lip not to laugh. She was crazy. I eventually changed the topics, talking about her dating life before we got out the open cafe.

Layla suddenly halted her steps, like realization struck her.

"What is it? Did you forget something?"

"No bitch, I never forget my phone, that's the only thing I brought." I rolled my eyes at her comment, but she didn't move. "What I did forget was, I never asked you about his parents. What are they like? Richy bitchy or kind?"

....wait a goddamn second.

"Will you believe if I said I haven't seen or met them?" I slowly said, awestruck that I hadn't thought about this before.

"What?!" She slightly shrieked and I quickly waved my hand, pulling her to walk through the foot traffic while talking.

"No, I really haven't seen them. Not even during the wedding, no." A storm was brewing in my head, trying to find any trace of his parents in my memories.

None.

Where were they? I have never heard them call and come see Ace. Were they in a bad relationship?

"....do you think I should ask him?" Layla threw me an incredulous look.

"Obviously, his parents is your parents." She said, weaving our way through the footpath to her office.