17: Will you Look at That?

Athena

I grabbed the magazine I was reading and ran towards our room, the wooden floors making the thud sounds. I burst into the room making Ace almost jump from the bed.

Ouch, he was on a call, with his old cranky laptop in front of him.

I hated that thing.

He signaled to keep quiet, slightly glaring at me. "No, everything is fine. It was the cat, go on Mr. Jefferson." He gave me a warning look, before focusing back on the screen.

Oh my, it's revenge time.

I set down the magazine on the nightstand and walked towards him, not able to hide my smirk. I grabbed the laptop and kept it far away from his reach.

"What the fuck?" Ace mouthed as he glared at me but I brushed it away.

I brushed away his murderous glare. Wow. This relationship is definitely making me bold.

True enough, I flung my one naked leg across his lap, straddling him. His eyes widened at my bold action, but realization was quick to cross his handsome face.

"Get off." Ace mouthed, a low growl almost escaping his throat. I shook my head stubbornly, giving him a toothy grin.

Ace clenched his jaw as his raging grey eyes watched my hands slide up his muscular arms sensually. I smirked at his form, shutting his eyes and breathing deeply, although his jaw was clenching repeatedly.

I am in so much trouble. But this is so fun.

"The second floor would have 55 rooms?" Ace asked calmly into the phone, opening his eyes and watching me with his calm grey orbs.

How does he do that? That quick?

Ace hummed into the phone as his grey eyes watched me like a hawk. I traced my index finger through his firm eight pack abs, going more south but he never protested.

....did he like this? Or was he holding back because of the call?

I didn't stop but watched his relaxed form, his hand on my left naked thigh while the other held his phone to his ear.

"240 staff in total, from cleaning to the front desk." Ace said in a noting tone into the phone, his head hitting the back of the headboard gently with a deep sigh when I ran my fingers through his silky hair.

He is loving this! What the -

We could have easily worked this marriage out if it wasn't for his rudeness, and now when I pulled a move for revenge he is enjoying it?! What the fuck is wrong with him?

"I think I will decide how I want my hotel to be, Mr. Jefferson." Ace bit out harshly, breaking our gazes for a second but his grey was quick to be back into my ocean.

Was I going to far? Should I do it? Biting my lip, I leaned forward and placed a quite, chaste kiss on his cheek as his eyes flew close. I almost grimaced, waiting for his thunderous voice and the stormy grey eyes.

"I will be there this week. Host a party for this, in a month. In New York itself, in one of my hotels."

Oh my goddamn god.

He was not yelling at me for doing that. His face held no anger, his eyes held no anger. His entire form was completely calm and relaxed.

I am the one hyperventilating now. Where is the other Ace? My husband?

"Okay. Good day." My eyes widened. He was hanging up and if I was still in this position it would be super awkward. I quickly made an attempt to get off but Ace now being Ace, tossed his phone after hanging up on the bed and held me down by my hips.