20: Not this Sorta Dinner

Athena

A month later...

Here I was, applying light makeup for something my husband had later tonight. I guess his needs are my needs now.

The past month was not as disastrous as the first. He was talking more, rudeness was a bit less, and he would go my way. Maybe he is warming up to me.

"Do I have to do anything?" I suddenly asked Ace beside me, checking myself on the mirror to see if I was fine.

It was a simple black elegant dress. Very simple in fact, but something about it on me turned out prettier than I thought.

 Very simple in fact, but something about it on me turned out prettier than I thought

"Your presence is enough." Ace grunted, tugging hard on his tie and then let out a growl, ready to tear it off.

I caught his arms and stopped him from doing that. He could never fix up his tie, it was always messy. Always.

"Let me help." I offered but he raised his hand.

"I don't need your help." I cocked an eyebrow, tilting my head to look at him. He never got it right. It's been two months since I have since him dress up and no, he never got it right. Finally, he would go to the office with a messy tie because he would reject my help.

Just like tonight.

I sat down on the bed with one leg over the other, looking at him in amusement. He never asked for help. He knew he needed it but still, his ego didn't agree with it.

"Will you accept defeat now?" I finally asked as he tried his 5th time. He grunted in irritation, still taking another shot at it.

I loved how determined he was though.

"It's nearing 7 and I would say to no one that you cant do a tie properly, Christ." I muttered, getting up and going near him. He didn't stop me, he knew we were almost late.

I pulled out the tight knot he did and did another one as he went to adjust his cuffs behind me.

I was literally in a small embrace to be exact. I clenched my jaw and concentrated on his tie, not liking how I liked his body warmth.

I rolled my eyes mentally. No matter how much I feel, this ice monster's heart never melts at anything.

I was not supposed to feel that.

And this position now while doing his tie, is one of the toughest things I have faced.

"Done." I patted his tie down, proud that I got it right. Without leaning more into his warmth.

I looked up at him to see the stormy grey was already on me, blank yet intense. "How does it look?" I turned him towards the mirror to avoid the awkward tension that always hung in the air between us, a tension that screamed we have unfinished business.