46. Cigars and Drinks

Shane

One week later

'A businessman's success is seizing every opportunity they glimpse, no matter how distant they may appear.'

This was the literal motto of my boss, Ace.

His father Stephan taught him to think like that, so naturally, he did. All Ace ever thought of was seizing the opportunity, and he never missed. It grew up as a habit, a necessity.

I watched him with growing apprehension, my chest tightening torturously at his pathetic figure.

Ace had a bottle of whiskey in one hand, a cigar in between his lips as he angrily flipped through a file. The dark circles looked bad now, he wasn't eating well either.

Athena was a nervous wreck, she was worried when I updated her on how he is doing. That angel and this devil have no idea they can create a heaven of their own. 

The devil, especially, is trash in realizing this.

"SHANE!!" I winced but snapped out of my worried thoughts and quickly went inside to receive his wrath.

Maybe now he realizes it was a bad decision to divorce the only girl that made him sane.

I stopped midway when the file he held was thrown at me. I moved to the side dodging it, knowing this was gonna happen.

One week was hell, I hope she comes back.

"None of the information is correct! Fix it and get it to my table in half an hour." Ace barked, gulping down the throat-burning whiskey. 

He drank it like water. Unstable bastard.

"Actually these are correct sir." I informed him without even looking at the paper. I wrote that just hours ago and I know what I typed in.

"Just shut up and leave!" Ace shouted, throwing a good bottle of whiskey at the wall causing me to groan internally.

I took in a deep breath. I will always be loyal to Athena, the one main reason I am not snapping back already.

Ugh who am I kidding, I never snapped back.

"Maybe you should stop that," I started, pulling away the cigar from his grip and crushing it into the ashtray, only for him to glare at me. "and have a chocolate shake. Some food, perhaps?"

"Chocolate." His reply was instant, looking as if he forgot that he was angry at me.

Julie was called through the intercom. She was panting by the time she reached the door as if she was running to get here. 

"Yes boss?" Julie breathed out airily, making Ace stare at her.

"Don't run again. Get me a chocolate shake."

"And his meal." I added to his cold demand, having the capacity to withstand his harsh glare. He should eat, I promised Athena.

"Anything else boss?" She asked Ace, looking at him with moist eyes.

That's new. She was just a cold bitch maid to everyone. Does she like Ace or something?

"Get the hell out." He muttered making the corners of my mouth lift up.

Faithful and loyal as always.

Julie looked slightly abashed but removed herself from his presence. 

I turned my head to look back at the wretched form of Ace. This was beyond him. This was worse than how he handled his family's death.

It was worse, in every way possible it was worse.