28. Night Intruder

Athena

The weather had cleared up, at least for the next two days and that was enough for us to clean out from my house.

My parents were exhilarated to know we were at his mansion safely while Layla went into hyperventilation when she found out we both spend two days together, isolated.

"Ena where is my breakfast?" Ena? I looked up to see Ace coming into the kitchen in just sweatpants, his 6 packs in the show for me.

"Break...fast?" I slowly asked, not able to register that in mind from the view I was receiving. "Yeah, breakfast. The food that you eat in the morning." Ace responded, gazing at my face with a small smile.

"Uh...yeah, just give me two more minutes, it's almost done." I muttered confusedly but rushed to turn over the slices of bacon and toast I was making for myself.

Why does he suddenly want my breakfast? He never ate from home until I had to shove it down his throat.

I made a chocolate milkshake too since he simply loves chocolate. I set the dish and glass in front of him on the kitchen island, who began eating it eagerly. But then paused.

"Aren't you eating?" He didn't have the slightest idea he was eating the food I made for myself. "I uhh...already ate, my cravings made me cook more. But now I don't want anymore." Ace watched me, looking into my blue with those grey deeply, before nodding.

I was starving, but I was glad my stomach didn't grumble at the moment.

I gawked at him as he ate his food like he had been starved for weeks.  He ate everything, even the last drop of the chocolate shake.

After finishing Ace casually got up, and walked out of the kitchen.

What the fuck happened to that cold bastard?

I walked upstairs in a daze, thinking of taking a sneak peek at that amazing body when he changes.

I am so desperate. I rolled my eyes and huffed, entering our empty bedroom. He was probably in the shower. I walked towards the desk and grabbed my laptop, before settling myself on the bed with some excel sheets.

I then called Laura, who was my assistant for literally everything. How could I miss her numerous calls?

You were making Ace breakfast.

"Laura any problem?" I asked anxiously as soon as she picked up, which was on the second ring. "Yes, major. The hotel Evergreen which we made reservation canceled now, saying there are already full. The tourists are getting a bit....well the situation is tense. I called many hotels, everything seems to be booked and those pigs need 5 stars or more only." I ignored her usage of words for our customers.

"Have you tried all the hotels we ever had reservations with?"

"Yes, every single one bailed out." Great.

The bathroom door just opened and Ace came out fresh and handso..... Wait a second.

"Laura give me a sec." She mumbled a small yes. "Ace, any hotels near upper Manhattan?" He looked surprised but nodded bringing up two fingers as he dried his hair with the other hand.

"Any space left for an 8 member family in VIP?"

"You know you need a reservation." Ace stated in a 'duh' tone, strolling to his wardrobe. 

"I knoowww but this is so important! For your wife, pleaseeee?" I brought out my puppy eyes and he stared at my face then slowly rolled his eyes in annoyance.