29. Bluish Grey

Athena

Dread.

I didn't want to know who she was, or the kid in her arms, or why Ace froze beside me, or why the lady kept yelling to let her in. I just wanted her to leave, and never show up again.

I was so confused, yet I knew one thing clearly. This was not a regular night where you say goodnight and sleep.

Oh no, it isn't.

"Stop. Let her in." Ace's dark voice sounded from right beside me, making me snap out of my daze. 

The guards quickly backed off by the words uttered. She smirked at them before sashaying into the foyer with the child gripping her neck.

The pit in my stomach dug through my veins, I could hear the click of her little heels bother my head. Just a distance in arm length and I knew I didn't want her here. She was not welcome in my presence.

"Ace, I know you remember me." The lady started half-heartedly but determined.

I was thankful when Ace raised his hand, successfully stilling her. "Why are you here?" Ace snapped coldly, glowering at her.

Ace looked so enraged, his neck had red creeping up. That only happened once before when I pestered him. Shit.

Shane and I were just standing there, waiting for...I don't know. I hope she leaves.

"I...I know you won't give two shits about me."

"Congrats, you found that out." Ace said sarcastically, and at that moment I knew this lady was not welcome in his presence either.

"But...I didn't want our son to grow up wondering about his father." Ace's hand drastically tightened its hold on me. It wasn't painful because I held his hand back almost with the same grip.

Ace.....has a kid? Oh god....this is getting more complicated than before.

"He...is mine?" Ace slowly asked, his voice drastically low as his grey eyes set squarely on the kid, who was still staring at me.

"Yes, he is five now and already started asking questions about you. I ca- -" Ace lifted his hand again, stopping her rambles.

My heart was hoping to not deal with any of this. It was hammering against my chest like it wanted to burst out and run. My ears pounded, and I suddenly remembered I had all this when I asked Ace if he had any feelings for me.

But that was an exciting kind of fear. Now? I am terrified.

I completely lost my shits when the kid spoke up. "He is my dad?" Ace's eyes widened at this.

"Shane! Lead her to the living room." Ace shouted, his grey cores filling with hatred as he scowled at her. Shane scrambled before leading the girl towards the living room. She still kept staring at Ace closely, while the boy yawned and rubbed his eyes in her arms, letting his little head drop on her shoulder.

It's alarming at this point.

Ace's thumb brushed my cheek making me flinch at the unexpected touch. He looked taken aback at my actions but then sighed, looking down at me with exposed yet stern eyes.

"Go to the room, Athena. I will just clean this shit up." ...what?

"No, no. Why- -"

"I will explain everything later. Go." I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Do not interrupt me when I talk. I have slapped a guy for doing that. I definitely won't do that to you but no, I am not going to the room." I said firmly, crossing my arms as I stood the ground without moving an inch. Ace sighed at my stubborn form and then nodded after a minute or two.