02. The Halloween Dance

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Principal Blatt announced.

The weekend had passed by quickly and it was now Monday, again.

"I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Blatt continued.

Everyone immeditaly looked to Eli, the only kid with a facial deformity.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." Blatt said all smiley.

"One hundred bucks on the kid being that dude over there." Yasmine snickered, pointing at Eli.

"No shit." Carly murmured with a roll of her eyes as she scrolled through her phone.

"Oh, and one last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of sexy nurse, maybe try gender-neutral hospital employee." Blatt finished, before walking off.

"Hey, I got a great idea for our costumes this year." Someone said.

Carly glanced up to see Aisha, Sam's friend, sitting next to Sam.

"Um..." Sam trailed off.

"I was thinking... I go as sodium, and you go as chloride. And when people ask what we are, we do this."

Aisha then proceded to shake salt unto the table.

Carly smiled slightly, getting the joke.

She really liked Aisha and wished that they were closer.

Aisha was only Sam's friend, not Carly's.

Carly and Aisha only hung out with Sam around and Carly always wondered why she hadn't made friends with the girl.

"What is that, some dumb inside joke you guys have?" Yasmine asked rudely.

"I mean, it's not really 'inside.'" Aisha laughed. "Sodium chloride is table salt."

"Yeah, I was kidding." Yasmine scoffed, pretending that she wasnt actually dumb.

"We actually decided to go as Laker girls." Sam said softly, causing Carly to feel bad for Aisha.

"Oh." Aisha's smile fell from her face.

"But maybe we can order another." Sam said hopefully.

"They're one-size-fits-all, which suddenly seems like false advertising." Yasmine said, causing all the girls besides Sam and Carly to laugh.

Aisha scooted her chair back to the other table and Carly rolled her eyes tiredly.

"God, Yasmine, you're such a dickhead. Fatshaming isn't right." Carly sighed out as she stood up, throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Yasmine asked, a brow raised.

"Until you can stop being such a bitch to everyone around you, we're not friends and I'll find somewhere else to eat lunch." Carly scoffed, walking away.