08. An Unlikely Couple

"To the All Valley tournament." Sam beamed, raising her soft drink in the air.

"To the All Valley tournament." Carly repeated, also raising her soft drink.

The five teens were back at Miyagi-Do, celebrating their successes.

"This place is crazy. What's the rock say?" Miguel asked since it was his first time seeing the place.

It was also Carly's first time seeing the place and she couldn't help but smile warmly at everything.

"I don't know. My dad won't tell me." Sam sighed out as they all looked at the cool rock.

"Or maybe he doesn't know." Anna smiled, causing Sam to laugh.

"Well, it's a cool rock." Miguel laughed out. "All we have is vandalized park benches and regular boring rocks."

"You're welcome to train here." Sam said quickly as Miguel slipped his cold hand into Carly's jacket pocket in an attempt to warm it up.

Carly's hand was also in the pocket, the girl interlocking her hand with Miguel.

Miguel smiled before ge turned back to Sam.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a cool yard, but..." Miguel sighed, laughing. "Do you guys actually do karate here?"

The five teens let out small laughs, Sam gasping in mock-offense.

"It looks like breathing exercises!" Miguel quickly defended himself.

"Oh, it's not badass enough for you?" Anna joked.

"We train in junkyards and cement trucks!" Miguel laughed out.

"And I've trained in that pond over there." Sam sneered, pointing over to a cool looking pond.

"Oh, a pond." Carly said sarcastically, earning a hit on her shoulder from Sam.

"Not everything in Miyagi-Do is what it seems." Andy tilted his head.

"Yeah, well, okay." Miguel scoffed.

"Hey, I gotta use the bathroom." Carly announced as she stood up. "Where exactly is it?"

"I'll show you." Anna smiled as she jumped up, handing her soft drink to Andy before she grabbed Carly's hand, pulling hed away.

Carly and Anna made their way towards the toilet, Carly quickly entering and locking the door behind her.

"Carly?" Anna had called out.

"Yeah?" Carly responded, happy that they were talking so that Anna couldn't hear the pee hit the toilet.

"I have something to admit." Anna said softly.

"What is it?" Carly asked with a raised brow.

"Hawk and I were dating." Anna blurted out.

"What?!" Carly coughed out, eyes wide at Anna's confession. "How the hell did that start?!"

"I was drunk, we bounced into each other at the bathroom and I just.. kissed him." Anna admitted with a small sigh.

"Did he.. kiss back?" Carly asked with a raised brow.

"No.. He just pushed me off and told me I was drunk before he walked off." Anna explained, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

Carly got up from the toilet, washing her hands before she opened the door.

"And how did you two get together?" Carly asked the girl curiously.

"Um, well it was when Miguel was in a coma and he came to drop food for you but you didn't want so we both ate together and we um, kissed." Anna bit her bottom lip as she looked around.