01. It really does

Goosebumps arose on Carly's bare skin, the only pieces of clothing she wore was her underwear.

Carly stared straight ahead blankly, the click of a camera echoing throught the room.

Click.

"Hello, Carly, I'm Mrs. Raeken, but you can call me Maria." The lady with the camera smiled politely as Carly's grip on her mother's hand tightened.

Click.

Carly inhaled and exhaled slowly, Maria sliding her hair to the back as she took pictures of Carly's bruised stomach.

Click.

"You're doing a good job, okay, Carly? I just need you to look up to the ceiling for me now." Maria said in a nice tone.

Carly inhaled shakily before she looked up to the ceiling, the lady taking pictures of the worn out bruises on her neck.

Click.

Click.

Click.

"We're all done." Maria said as she put away her camera before picking up Carly's clothes that were on the cold metal table.  "You just put this on and then you'll be taken to the hospital where they have to check for Ralph's DNA in you and also for any infections."

Carly nodded with a sniffle as she took the clothes from Maria's hands. "Did they.. Did they find him yet?"

Maria sighed, hands on hips. "Last thing I heard was that they found him but he ran before they could take him in. They're still looking for him."

Carly let out a breath, nodding.

She then proceeded to slip on her shirt in silence before quickly putting on her pants.

Carly pulled her hair out of her shirt, clearing her throat as she looked to Maria again.

Maria gave Carly a small smile as she walked towards the door, opening it.

Carly walked towards the door before exiting the small cold room.

Diane stood up from the chair at the sight of her daughter exiting the examination room.

Diane rushed up to her daughter, wrapping her in a small hug. "I'm so proud of you, baby."

Diane pulled away, jutting her finger down the hall with a small smile. "Your friend Sofia came to check up on you, she just went to get a snack from the vending machine that way."

"Sofia's here?" Carly asked as her brows drew together. "But the tournament.."

"She said that it was more important for her to be here." Diane smiled at her daughter.

Carly smiled the smallest of smiles.

"I'm gonna- I'm gonna go meet her." Carly cleared her throat before looking to Maria. "Thanks, Maria."

"No problem kiddo." Maria smiled, Carly nodding before she walked off in the direction her mom had pointed.

Carly walked until she saw a familiar face.

Sofia banged her hand on the vending machine frustratedly before turning at the feeling of eyes on her.

Sofia let out a small breath at the sight of her girlfriend, walking quickly towards her.

Sofia wrapped Carly in a tight hug, Carly feeling safe in her lover's arms.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry this happened to you." Sofia murmured, stroking Carly's head affectionately.