07. The Date

"Sensei? I brought the empty briefcase just as you asked." Carly said as she entered Johnny's apartment.

Johnny exited his room, buttoning up his shirt. "Thanks kid."

"It's empty as requested but don't be surprised if you find chewed up gum inside. My brother used it once for a school play and his friends pranked him." Carly explained as she tucked her hands in her dress pockets.

"Thanks for the heads up." Johnny smiled, shaking his head.

"Hey, Sensei." Miguel cleared his throat.

Johnny and Carly turned to see Miguel at the door.

"Come in."

"You nervous for your meeting?" Miguel asked as he stood next to Carly.

"I'm not nervous, I'm pissed off." Johnny scoffed.

"Okay, but you have to be nice to these people. So if you get pissed off, what are you going to do?" Miguel asked.

"I don't know, I usually just punch the guy." Johnny shrugged.

"That's not gonna work. So how about this, how about when someone makes you angry, you make a fist like you're gonna punch them." Miguel offered.

"But maybe don't actually punch them." Carly added, folding her arms.

"Hold it in?" Johnny questioned.

"Yeah."

"I could try." Johnny sighed.

"Ooh, a briefcase. What's inside?" Miguel asked.

"Nothing. I asked Davidson for a briefcase to help make me look more professional." Johnny said as he opened the briefcase to show it was empty.

"It's a nice touch." Miguel said before looking to Carly.

His eyebrows furrowed.

She was wearing a dress, a pearl necklace on her neck and she was wearing makeup.

Miguel was about to ask her where she was going but was cut off as Johnny cleared his throat.

"What about you, are you nervous for your date?"

"Yeah, uh, a little." Miguel cleared his throat. Johnny raised his brow causing Miguel to groan.

"A lot."

"There's nothing to be nervous about, all right? Just relax, be cool. When the time's right, you make your move." Johnny tried to ease Miguel.

"Move, what move?" Miguel questioned quickly. "I don't have a move. What's my move?"

"Oh, come on, man. You got to kiss the girl."

Carly laughed as Miguel had become shocked.

"I mean, yeah, I'd like to, but I don't...
Technically have to, right?" Miguel stammered out.

"No, that's true. You could just learn how to braid her hair." Carly said with a half-smile.

"Talk about all the other guys who had the balls to kiss her on the first date." Johnny added.

"Shit."

"You're a Cobra Kai. Strike first, strike hard. It's not just for karate, it's for everything, all right" Johnny punched Miguel's shoulder as Miguel nodded.

Carly's phone buzzed as she checked it to see that Sofia had texted her.

"Good luck with the meeting, sensei. You're gonna do well." Carly said, smiling at the older man. "I gotta go or else I'll be late for my date."