10. School Fight

"First day.. how you guys feeling?" Diane asked Anna and Andy as they entered the kitchen.

It was the Monday after the party, and the first day of school.

The three teens had spent their Sunday sleeping away their hungover.

"Queasy and I don't know if it's from all the alcohol I drank at the party or that it's the first day of school and my mom won't be here to see me off." Anna sighed as she sat next to Carly on the stools.

Carly ruffled Anna's hair as she pushed her a plate of pancakes and eggs.

"Hey, your mom was sentenced to only twenty-five years in prison because of lack of evidence, so at least she'll get to see your kids." Diane smiled as she rest a plate of pancakes and eggs infront of Andy who had just sat down.

"Thanks, Diane that helps a lot." Anna murmured sarcastically.

Diane hummed before she packed her stuff into her purse. "I gotta go to work, see you kiddos later."

"Bye, mom." Carly smiled as her mom kissed her forehead.

"Bye." Diane hummed out before she walked off.

Anna looked to Carly who was poking at her food.

"What's up with you?" Anna asked with a raised brow.

Carly glanced up to Anna before sighing. "It's just that Summer has come and gone and they still haven't found my dad. I think they're planning on giving up soon." Carly said softly, a sad look on her face.

"They'll find him, Carly. I promise you." Anna said softly as she rest her hand on Carly's shoulder.

Carly put her hand on Anna's, giving the girl a small smile.

🥋

"Yeah so this is your new school, not much but it's home." Carly said after she had finished giving Anna and Andy a tour of the school.

"I guess that it's better than our old one back in Houston." Andy said before she shuddered. "A rat crawled across my feet once."

Carly laughed shaking her head.

Suddenly, the bell ringed, signalling that classes were about to start.

"Well you guys have to get your schedueles in the Administration Office which is that way. Want me to go with you guys?" Carly asked, holding unto her bag strap.

"Uh, no we got it. You better head to class." Anna said, slipped her hands into her jeans pockets. "See you soon."

"Yeah, I'll come check up on you during lunch." Carly said as she began walking backwards. "See ya!"

"See ya!" Anna called back as Andy just waved.

Carly smiled before she turned around fully, making her way to her first class.

🥋

Carly twirled her hair in her finger boredly.

The teacher was scribbling down notes unto the board but Carly wasn't writing down the notes.

She was thinking back to her conversation with Miguel.

She wondered if she had done the right thing by telling Miguel to stay with Tory.

Carly made a mental note to talk to Miguel later and make sure that their friendship wouldn't be weird anymore.

The intercom came on and Carly ignored the girl talking.