01. New Year, New Proposals

Carly sat in her car, Andy in the backseat.

They were driving to pick up Miguel so that they could head to their first ever class of the year.

And also the first ever class where Johnny and Daniel would be leading their students.

"You seem nervous." Andy had noted from the backseat.

"I am nervous." Carly replied as she rounded a corner.

"Don't be." Andy shrugged. "Now that we're all teamed up, Cobra Kai-"

"I'm not nervous about that." Carly had sighed out.

"What are you nervous about?" Andy had asked softly. "Are your cuts healing properly?"

"Yeah they are." Carly answered as she subconsciously placed a hand over her stomach.

The cuts that Kyler and Sofia had made.

"Then what is it?" Andy had hummed out." Andy had joked with a smile. "Your hair?"

For the new year, Carly had decided to try out braids.

"Do I look bad with it?" Carly asked, wide-eyed.

"No, you look great." Andy reassured her.

"Okay good." Carly had sighed out before she inhaled deeply. "I'm nervous because of something that happened between me and Miguel at the New Years party."

"Was it something bad?" Andy had asked her.

"No, not really." Carly had said, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. "It's just.. Miguel and I kissed at the countdown and then he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"What did you tell him?" Andy asked her.

"I didn't get a chance to say anything, my mom came over to give me a hug for the new year." Carly explained to her friend. "And we haven't talked about it since."

"Well after class today you should talk to him on the ride back, I'm going home with Sam." Andy had told her the girl.

"Jokes on you, Johnny's driving him home." Carly had said with a chuckle.

Andy rolled her eyes with a smile but didn't respond to that as they had pulled up at Miguel's apartment, stopping infront of where he stood.

Miguel glanced up to the familiar car before looking down to his phone.

His eyes glued to his phone, he made his way to the passenger's side, opening the car door and jumping inside.

Finally, Miguel tore his eyes off of her phone, turning to face her.

"Hi." Miguel greeted her sheepishly, tucking his phone in his back pocket as he buckled up.

"Hey." Carly replied softly.

Miguel then noticed Carly's hair. "I like your new hairstyle."

"Thanks." Carly had smiled over at him.

Miguel stared at Carly as she began to drive off, admiring her.

He had been waiting for her answer from the New Years party but wanted to give her time and space to think about her answer.