03. Daddy's Gone

Carly inhaled deeply as she sat on the chair, her fingers twiddling under the table as she stared at her dad.

"Do your promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?" The man asked Ralph who's hand was on the bible, his other hand in the air.

"I promise." Ralph said from the stand before the judge walked away.

The lawyer sat next to Carly stood up with a clear of his throat. "Mr. Davidson, do you recall exactly what happened the night you raped your daughter?"

Ralph glanced to his daughter who inhaled sharply looking away.

Carly looked behind her to everyone sat behind her, smiling softly at the sight of The Larusso's, Anna, Andy, Hawk and her mother.

She turned back to face the front, staring at her father bravely.

"I do not." Ralph had answered simply, Carly clenching her jaw.

"And why's that?" The laywer asked with a raised brow.

"I was intoxicated, drank almost three full bottles of Tequila with my buddies at work." Ralph had said with a clear of his throat.

"You were drinking while at work?" The laywer asked Ralph.

"No, we were celebrating me because I'm a consultant and my advice helped them score a big deal." Ralph said as he shifted in his chair.

"Now tell me, Mr. Davidson, why did you run from the cops and stay in hiding if you thought that you didn't do anything wrong?" The laywer asked again, Carly looking to her father that wore a bored face.

"Because I have common sense. Obviously I had done something wrong to get cops on my tail and I don't wanna go to jail so I ran." Ralph shrugged, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

The laywer nodded, looking to the judge. "No further questions, your honour."

The judge nodded.

🥋

"After further consideration, the jury has concluded that the penalty Ralph Davidson may face is thirty years in prison and a 10,000 dollar fine." The judge said, Ralph's lips parting in horror.

The judge then slammed his hammer on the circular piece of wood.

Carly looked to her laywer who gave her a small smile as he playfully nudged her shoulder. "We did it."

Carly nodded with a forced smile to the lawyer before looking to her dad who was being led away by two security guards.

Carly inhaled deeply, her eyes eyes fluttering shut.

🥋

Carly folded her arms, looking around as her mother and Anna chatted vividly with each other.

Carly's eyes widened slightly as she saw the Larusso family approaching them.

She gave them a small smile, Amanda returning it.

"Hey." Amanda smiled, wrapping the girl in a hug.

"Hi." Carly responded.

"Hey guys." Sam said, glancing to all four of them.

Sam's eyes lingered on Andy for awhile, the boy's face heating up.