01. Up

"Hopelessly devoted to you...."

Andy and Anna walked into the house, sighing as they heard the familiar song blasting throughout.

"This song? Still? She was listening to it when we left!" Andy groaned out as he shut the front door.

"She's been playing this shit on repeat every night, I think I'm going crazy." Anna sighed out before she and Andy made their way towards Carly's bedroom.

The two had gone out to drop off lunch for Diane at the hospital before coming back to the house.

Anna and Andy walked through the house, their hands to their sides before they stopped infront of the white door that led into Carly's bedroom.

Andy raised his fist, knocking three times before turning the doorknob and pushing the door open.

The song that was playing had ended before it started replaying.

Anna sighed, walking towards the speaker that was playing the song.

She shut it off as Andy placed the bag of food on Carly's bedside table.

Andy and Anna looked to Carly who was laid down on her back, staring up at the ceiling.

"We bought Burger King." Anna had said as she walked towards Carly, laying down on the bed next to her. "There's a water in the bag."

Carly just hummed out in reply, still staring up at the ceiling.

"Carly, I don't get why you keep replaying that stupid song." Anna sighed out, staring up at the ceiling.

"I don't know, it's just comforting to listen to it. I'll get tired of it eventually." Carly had whispered, also staring up at her ceiling. "I hope."

"Carly, you've been locked up in here for two weeks straight. You're going crazy. You need to go outside, breathe some fresh air, go see your friends." Anna said with an eye roll as she sat up.

"I don't want to see anyone right now." Carly said softly, resting her head on Anna's lap.

Anna sighed, rubbing Carly's arm before she glanced to her brother who was leaned against the wall.

"Just like you told Hawk and Sam you didn't want to see them?" Anna asked with a raised brow.

"We're all hurting and I don't want to be an even bigger burden for them." Carly replied with a sigh.

Anna nodded understandingly as she ran her hand through Carly's hair.

"Your mom said you absolutely have to get your stitches off today." Anna sighed out as she lightly pushed Carly's head off of her lap before standing up.

"But-"

"Carly, no buts. You've stalled it long enough. We need to get going or else your stitches'll get infected." Anna said, stretching out her hand for Carly to take.

Carly inhaled and exhaled sharply before taking Anna's hand.

Anna smiled, pulling Carly off the bed as she exchanged a glance with Andy.

Progress.

🥋

"I'm glad that you're finally out of the house." Diane smiled as she carefully took off the stitches.

Carly didn't reply, staring straight ahead as her mother wiped her stomach.

"Good to go." Diane hummed as she stood up straight, hands on her hips.

Diane looked at her daughter's face.

She looked like she hadn't smiled in years.

It hurt the woman to see her daughter so... rough.