04. Balls

"You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the '90s was a hellhole. Warlords controlled whole swaths of the city.
My team and I were charged with cleaning the place up." Kreese smirked, folding his arms.

It was a few days after the show Cobra Kai had put on and they were now at the dojo training as usual.

"How many warlords did you kill?" Hawk asked in awe, Carly just silently stretching as she and Miguel exchanged a bored glance.

"You keep track of every ant you stomp out?" Kreese asked, casuing Aisha and Hawk to 'oo' in awe.

"Whoa, so badass." Carly mocked from where she was stretching, earning a smirk from Miguel.

"They were outgunned, we were outmanned." Kreese continued as Aisha and Hawk soaked in the story. "I tell you, Rwanda was no joke."

"Don't you mean Somalia?" Miguel asked as he looked up from stretching next to Carly

Kreese and the rest of students stared at him with raised brows.

Miguel stood up, Carly following.

"Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Miguel finished.

Carly widened her eyes, a small smile on her face.

"Of course, Somalia." Kreese coughed out, glaring at Miguel. "I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind
of bleeds together, you know?"

"Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody, fall in." Johnny instructed as he exited his office. "In neat rows and lines."

Carly and Miguel exchanged a glance before they going to the front of the class.

"Time to see what you're made of." Johnny said before he began walking and inspecting the class.

"Straighten up, ginger twins." Johnny taunted at two boys.

Johnny then looked at an older man. "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing."

"I'm not a dad. I- I am here to kick
some ass, sir!" The older man yelled nervously.

Johnny frowned as he stared at the man with squinted eyes. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Oh, yeah, they, uh... I sold you the mirror. We kind of bonded, talked about rock bands." The man replied with a nod.

"Look, you're a little old. This is a class for teenagers." Johnny sighed out.

"Well, I can take 'em. I'm not afraid of kids, sir." The man said, Carly and Miguel exchanging a glance as they surpressed their laughter.

"And my mom, she doesn't charge me rent, so I got a lot of cash to burn." The man quickly added.

At the sight of the money, Johnny decided to give in.

"Yeah. We'll consider this a trial run." Johnny nodded, taking the money before he began walking around again.

"I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter, but to do that,
you gotta fight." Johnny nodded towards Miguel. "So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?"

Carly wiggled her brows at Miguel who smiled, rolling his eyes.

"I'll take him on." Someone said, stepping forward.

Carly turned around to see a girl around her age, blonde hair and tall.

"Oh, you will, huh?" Johnny asked with a raised brow at the girl.