02. Weird Coma Dreams

Carly tapped on the vending machine as her snicker bar didn't fall all the way.

She sighed frustratedly, hitting the side of the vending machine with her palm.

When it still hadn't fall, she resorted to balling up her fist, about to punch the side of the vending machine when she was stopped by Andy who pushed her to the side playfully.

"What did the vending machine ever do to you?" Andy joked, putting in another five bucks for the same snicker bar.

"It stole my money and my snickers bar." Carly said, folding her arms.

Andy frowned as the two watched a snicker bar come out of the row, knocking down Carly's snicker bar as it fell. "Right."

Andy reached his hand into the bottom of the vending machine pulling out the two snicker bars and handing the two to Carly.

"Don't you want one?" Carly questioned, quirking a brow.

"You look like you could need the two." Andy joked, folding his arms.

"What about Anna?" Carly asked. "Give it to her."

"Anna's asleep." Andy said simply with a shrug.

Carly sighed. "You guys should go home, I'm not gonna force you both to be here."

"Home is boring, we would rather be here." Andy said causing Carly to smile slightly.

She stuffed one of the snicker bars into her pocket and opening the second one.

"Have you talked to Miguel yet?" Andy asked softly.

"We haven't talked since he called out my name when I was being pushed out of the hospital room yesterday." Carly said before she bit into her snicker bars.

"Well he's awake now. Go see him." Andy ordered the girl.

"What am I even going to say to him?" Carly sighed out. "Yo, Miggy, what was coma life like?"

Andy smiled, shaking his head.

"Fine, I'll go talk to him, when I'm done we can go home and make lassanga." Carly said, causing Andy to widen his smile slightly.

Carly laughed before walking off.

🥋

Carly knocked softly on the door to Miguel's room.

Carmen and Miguel both turned their heads to face Carly who smiled politely, folding her arms.

"I'm gonna go use the washroom, see you in a bit, Miggy." Carmen smiled, kissing Miguel on his forehead before walking out of the room, wiggling her brows at Carly who smiled slightly.

The two sat in awkward silence, not knowing what to talk about.

Carly walked forward, going to sit on the bed.

"So uh, how was coma life like?" Carly asked, scratching the back of her neck.

Miguel let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "I don't remember much but I do remember that I had this reacurring dream."

Carly looked to Miguel, raising a brow, silently urging him to continue.

"I was running and running, chasing after something but I didn't know what I was chasing." Miguel had said, his eyebrows drawing together.

"Did you eventually find out what you were chasing?" Carly asked, looking down to her lap.

"Yeah." Miguel nodded as he stared at Carly. "It was you."