03. Missing Mom

Carly had not shown up to karate practice the next day.

Or the days after that.

Andy said that she was just sick and needed some time to rest.

Miguel asked if he should bring her over some of his Yaya's chicken foot soup but Andy told him that Diane said it was just best for her to rest.

Andy also told Miguel that he shouldn't worry about Carly because she's a strong girl.

However, Miguel began to worry.

He had came to the girl's house.

Her mom was at work so Andy answered the door.

"How's she doing?" Miguel asked him as he walked into the house.

"She's just been scrolling through her phone the entire day." Andy sighed out. "She's been barely getting sleep too."

"Think she'll want to see me?" Miguel asked him.

"Of course she will." Andy gave him a small smile.

Miguel returned the smile before he walked to Carly's room.

He knocked before entering to see her laying on her bed.

"Carly?" Miguel had called out to her.

Carly looked up to see Miguel.

"Hey Miggy." She said tiredly.

"How are you going?" He asked, shutting the door behind him.

Carly hesitated as she looked at Miguel, but she decided to speak her mind nonetheless.

"I think something's wrong with me." Carly admitted as Miguel walked towards the bed, sitting down right next to her.

Carly rest her head on Miguel's lap, the boy brushing her hair behind her ears.

"Nothing's wrong with you." Miguel told her.

"Yeah there is." Carly said to the boy. "I just feel so empty and sad for no reason."

"You have reasons." Miguel quickly told the girl. "Don't try to make your feelings small, Carly."

Carly just smiled at that, trailing her finger along the lines on Miguel's pants.

"You look so sleepy." Miguel had noted as he rubbed his thumbs over Carly's dark under eyes.

She also looked pale and thin, as if she hasn't been eating.

"Yeah, I haven't really been sleeping well these past few nights." Carly admitted as she shut her eyes. "My sleep schedule has just been all over the place."

"You need to sleep, Lee." Miguel whispered out.

"I know." Carly had said softly as she opened her eyes and looked up to Miguel. "Now talk to me."

"About what?" Miguel had tilted his head.

"I don't know." Carly smiled slightly as she got up from Miguel's lap before she pulled herself up and wrapped her arms around Miguel's torso. Miguel silently wrapped his arms around her as well, Carly resting her head on Miguel's chest as he rest his chin on her head. "I just wanna hear you talk, I've missed you."

Miguel smiled brightly.

He felt himself blushing.

"Want me to fill you in on everything that's happened at the dojo?" Miguel asked her as he rubbed her arms.

"Yeah." Carly said simply and softly.

Miguel nodded before he told her everything that happened.

Somewhere towards the end of the story, Carly had fell asleep on Miguel.