part 1

Rene

 Rene's phone rings for no less than the twentieth time today. Rene rubs his forehead,

groaning at the prospect of another demanding person. Still, while in the office, he knew he had certain obligations. Exhaling heavily, he gave the phone another second to stop ringing, then gave in. "Hello, Mr. Angelil speaking." "Mr. Angelil, My name is Declan and I'd like to invite a Celine Dion to the Eurovision song contest." That got his attention. Rene blinked a few times, then leaned back. "Please, continue." Declan went over a number of details about what was planned for the contest. Then he dropped the important part – the part that Rene had been waiting for. "The contest will be held inDublin, Ireland this year." "I'll discuss this with Celine and be in touch." Rene decided. "Do we have a timeline on this?" "A few days at most." Rene assures. "I know how to close a deal." As soon as he hung up, he thought it over. It would be a big deal for Celine. A big move. An excellent move in career though. It would bring her to full attention around the world and cement her name in the minds of millions. But it didn't matter what he thought about it if he didn't talk to her. He exhaled slowly and called Celine. As embarrassing as it sometimes felt, he didn't need to look up her number. Next to her name and her face and her voice, he had it memorized.