Part 119

Rene kisses her forehead, sure that her mom and dad are still laughing about how determined they are to be together, how determined they are to be close, even if there's distance between them.

Celine

She can't believe how quickly the days have passed leading up to the day of the ball. It's like life was on fast forward except for those stolen moments with Rene. Their phone calls, their quick glances that somehow felt like it was lasting years instead of mere seconds. That morning, she calls Rene, determined to talk before everything. She's actually surprised that he answers. "Hello, love." "I'm so excited for tonight!" She squeals. He chuckles. "I'm glad to hear it. I can't wait to see you. What are you doing today?""I have a spa appointment to get all relaxed, to get my hair done, to get pretty for you." "You look beautiful no matter what." He purrs. She blushes and shakes her head, but laughs. "Sometimes I think you're too sweet.""I'll pick you up tonight and prove I'm as sweet as you deserve." Rene promises. Celine falls quiet. They haven't exactly talked about how they're going to be in front of other people. Celine wants to be out in the open, but she knows that's an easy desire and harder to put into action. The age difference will raise questions, the fact that he's her manager. All of itis a battleground.