38. PDA

Jae's pov

I can't help but blame myself, despite the fact that I know it's not entirely my fault. Yes, I suspect it's partly my fault, but I have a sneaking feeling there's more to what's triggering these fears.

It's my fault I wasn't there for you when you needed someone the most, it's my fault you had to deal with your past and nightmares alone, and it's my fault you have to live with the paranoia of someone hurting you every day. I can't stand watching you struggle with this internal conflict on your own, leaving me unable to help and comfort you of your suffering because you don't deserve it, and I do.

For that, I'm sorry for not realizing my mistakes sooner, because now I'm ready to help you of your pain as I-

"I told Alex I love her," Eric exhales, causing me and Theo to come to a halt. He looks at us with wide eyes and slowly covers his mouth in surprise at what he has said. As I keep my pen steady on its spot on the page, Theo remains frozen halfway through buttoning his dress shirt. "That wasn't as bad as I expected," Eric shrugs as he adjusts his tie in the mirror before turning to face both of us with the biggest grin.

"We know," Theo smiles as he continues up his shirt, smoothing out the wrinkles, as I put my journal aside.

"You do?" Eric turns around to face Theo, mouth agape. Theo smiles enthusiastically, pulling two ties from his suitcase, causing a wig to fall out, which causes me to furrow my brows as he casually shoves it back into his bag.

When Eric looks at me for the truth and I nod, Theo says in a duh tone, "You guys were basically saying I love you the whole entire night yesterday." "I love you," Theo says, his voice deep."I love you," in a higher voice, which I think is Alex's. He repeats, "I love you," but now mimes making out by frantically circling his arms to himself and puckering up his lips as he kisses the air.

"All right, that's enough," Eric says as he pushes Theo's hands apart. Eric gets agitated as Theo starts moaning and commenting on things that make me laugh and throw my head back.

"Bow tie or necktie," he alternates between the two options on his chest. In the mirror, he raises his brows at the bow tie, then frowns dramatically at the neck tie. After a few rotations, Theo smiles and tosses his necktie behind him, which I catch, and he replaces it with the black bow tie. He smooths down his jacket before checking the time on his imaginary watch. "I'm going for this one because I'm craving pasta," he says.

"BOYS WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

Everyone in the room becomes nervous as we hear Malcom scream from downstairs. We exchange terrified looks because Malcom has been worried about this charity ball all day. Ellie was also frantically trying to get things done and answer phone calls during the day, which caused her to become irritated, particularly when she encountered obnoxious clients.

"We better go," As I follow behind them, Eric pushes Theo away from the mirror as he starts flexing his muscles in front of it. As we make our way down the stairs, Malcom yells angrily on the phone, I straighten my suit.

"Finally," Malcom grumbles as we descend the stairs, except for Theo, who stumbles the final few steps, forcing me to grab him from behind. "Don't rip your suit Hamburger."

"You better not rip that-" When Malcom gives him a death glare, Theo sucks in his breath and moves behind Eric and me.

"Where are the...Holy shit," Eric exclaims, looking up at the stairwell, where Alex smiles and slowly goes down the stairs. Theo staggers forward, his mouth gaping open at Sofie, who trails behind Alex in their gowns.

"Where's Ellie?" As Theo and Eric assist them down the final stairs, Malcom furrows his brows and looks in between the two.

Alex smooths down the sides of Eric's suit and says, "She got a phone call." "Thank you for these dresses, Malcom."