74. house warming gift

~two years later~

"Can you tell me where you're taking me?" Jae kisses the back of my hand before placing our joined hands on my lap, and I fidget in my seat nervously. I close my eyes and concentrate on the sound of our automobile traveling forward to his surprise location, rather than attempting to see through the blindfold he prepared for me.

My heart flutters as excitement swells in my chest when he says, "We're almost there, my love." I lean back in my chair, laughing at Jae's mockery of my impatience.

Jae has been keeping secrets from me lately, sneaking off to private meetings and last-minute visits to places I have no idea about. I can tell he's hiding something when I ask him because he gets all agitated and enthusiastic. I remember his flush spreading over his cheeks and his smile widening as he worked on the surprise he'd been planning. He's skilled at hiding it, because no one, including Theo, would tell me anything about this "project." I'm sure it has something to do with his work and future plans for his engineering company, but my intuition tells me different.

" I'm sure it has something to do with his work and future plans for his engineering company, but my intuition tells me different

"Does this have anything to do with your project?" I ask as I observe the car slowing down and coming to a halt. I unconsciously fidget my leg when I hear Jae turn off the engine and console me by kissing my temple. When my heartbeat quickens, I immediately sink into his touch, tightening my grip around his hand.

"You'll see," he says, and I grunt angrily, impatient to learn whether his work is progressing or what the overall surprise is. He's been unusually excited over the last two weeks, and I'm curious as to what's making him so happy. Before I hear his door open and he leaves me alone in his car, he kisses my ring, which I still wear to this day.

"Are you ready?" When he opens my door, he asks, and I nod. He takes my hand in his and pulls me closer to his embrace, allowing him to safely guide me. I grip his arms, attempting to balance myself while allowing my feet to travel in the path he directs.

He halts my motions and positions my body in a precise direction before kissing me all over my neck, which makes me laugh because it's so ticklish. I tilt my head, puckering my lips, inviting him to kiss me passionately, causing sparks to fly throughout my body due to how fresh the love and caring in his embrace is even after all this time.

The gust of wind that comes with him as he pulls away captures my attention because it carries the salty aroma of the sea with it. I furrow my brows, hearing the birds and waves in the distance, which are crisp and soothing as the spring breeze passes us by. I tighten my hold on Jae's hand, unsure of what we're doing near the beach, until I notice him fiddling with my ring, which brings a smile to my face.

"I know you've been wondering why I've been working so hard," Jae murmurs in my ear, and I chuckle along with him as he rests his chin on my shoulder. I kiss his temple, hoping to glimpse his beauty in the sunlight, but I'm faced with darkness as a result of the blindfold, which stops me from seeing what's ahead.