79. sweet dreams

"1..." I softly poke Deisy's hip on the side. "2...." I run my fingers down her leg, grasping her soft-to-the-touch small feet. "3..." When I blow against her skin, she giggles because the sound and vibration amuse her.

"You're beautiful, my little flower," I say as I kiss her stomach after changing her diaper. Her toothless grin and lovely dimples, much like her father's, make my heart skip a beat.

Because of how beautiful and genuine her expression is, the similarities on her face are lovely in my view. Her hazel eyes, glistening with sheer contentment and love, are staring directly at me. I admire her beautiful lashes, which flutter every time she blinks, reminding me of the evenings I spent memorizing the details on her and my love's faces. Her joyful laugh as she chews down on her Eeyore toy, which Theo gave her, makes my heart leap with love for our little girl who's growing too fast.

I constantly kiss her chubby cheeks, eager to feel every smoothness of her pale skin. "I love you," I say. As she rushes joyfully towards me, I place her on my lap, her small fingers clutching onto mine. "Who's that?" As we hear the front door open and close, I gasp and my eyes expand with excitement. Deisy's willingness to jump up and down on my lap, her legs leaping up and down, makes me giggle at her admiration for her father.

"Dada," she says, and the sweet tone in her voice melts my heart. Before leaving the room, I kiss her forehead and take her into my arms. Deisy shouts, "DADA," as she thrashes forward in my arms toward her father, which makes me roll my eyes. She has her favorites.

"Hello," Jae says as he rushes up to us and wraps us in his warm and loving hug, like he always does after work. When Deisy throws herself on him, Jae takes her into his arms and laughs heartily. "How are you doing, my love?" He kisses my head, then takes my chin and kisses my lips with one of his passionate kisses.

"Tired," I sigh, feeling him massage my lower back as my head falls against his chest, like he always does. As Jae grins adoringly at both of us, Deisy clutches my finger, forcing me to lift her hand to my lips.

"How about we take a nap," he suggests as he kisses Deisy on the cheek and leads us to her room. "Are you tired, my flower?" When Deisy falls asleep on his shoulder, he mumbles. I shake my head, knowing how lenient she is with her father, but I can't blame her because I'm the same way.

"Goodnight," I say softly as Jae places her in her crib, kissing her on the forehead. Before dragging me into his side, he leans down to kiss her on the nose. "She'll be one soon," I murmur, admiringly glancing down at her eyes, which are beginning to close as she falls asleep.

"Has it been a year?" Before he swoops me into his arms and walks to our room next door, Jae says, and I silently smile at his surprise. "Our flower is growing up too quickly," he grumbles as he lays me down on the bed and removes his shirt and pants. He smiles, pulling my sweatpants down my legs. I laugh at his hasty removal of my clothes, leaving me in my underwear before ushering me under the warm sheets of our bed.

"Too too quickly," I agree, his arms encircling me tightly and the warmth of his bare skin radiating onto mine. When Jae begins massaging my shoulders and then my back, I close my eyes and say, "That feels nice."

"Does it?" He raises an eyebrow, and I nod as he continues to apply fluid pressure throughout my body to relieve muscle tension. When I open my eyes, I notice Jae's gaze is already fixed on me. I run my fingers down his jaw, enjoying his strong features, and I stare at him every chance I have since he's so beautiful.

"Deisy looks just like you," I say quietly, observing his eyes shining down at me and the brow flecks that are identical to Deisy's.

"Really?" I slap his chest because he smiles and looks up at the ceiling as if pondering the topic.