80. the very beginning

"What are you up to?" From behind, Jae wraps his arms around my waist and rocks us back and forth. When he kisses my neck and places his chin on my shoulder, I smile and turn my head to the side.

"Waiting for Deisy to come back from school...why?" I furrow my brows as I look over my shoulder and notice his satisfied expression.

He frowns as he turns me around after laying my phone on the counter, saying, "I missed you my love." I wrap my arms around his neck and tilt my head back to see his face more closely. My gaze is drawn to his lovely eyes and plumped lips. As I lean in, I capture his mouth in mine for a tender kiss that I can't get enough of.

When he picks me up and sets me onto the island, I laugh and say, "It's been 30 minutes." My fingers play with the ends of his hair as he glides his hands up and down my thighs.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you," he grumbles as he grabs my chin and pulls me into one of his kisses. I roll my eyes, drawing him closer to me because I know he's been working from home with me lately so he can be more involved at home and with Deisy.

I touch his cheekbones, feeling his arms securely encircle me in an embrace. "You survived years without me," I say.

"And I had to suffer every second of it," he sighs, and I hold back a laugh as he slips his hands up my shirt. I kiss him all over his neck, and I can feel his hands moving faster over my skin. I flutter my eyelids shut as he tilts my head back, sucking beneath my jaw.

"Would you like to make up for the 30 minutes?" When he creeps his hand to the hem of my jeans, he mumbles against my neck, and my grip tightens around his shoulder. I sigh as I check the time on the stove, knowing Deisy will arrive soon, but the want for him is overpowering, especially since it's been so long.

"You don't want our daughter to be traumatized?" I remove his head away from my neck by tugging on the ends of his hair, seeing his displeased expression. When he rolls his eyes and moves in for another seductive kiss on my lips, I laugh.

"How about a shower in the middle of the night?" When I see his eyes widen in joy at the proposal, I raise an eyebrow. Hearing the front door open and close, I muffle my laughter into his shoulder. Until we notice Deisy racing down the hall to her room, Jae assists me in getting off the counter.

"FOR A COUPLE OF MINUTES, NO ONE BOTHER ME. I HAVE AN AMAZING PROJECT IDEA THAT I DO NOT WANT TO FORGET..." Before the sound of her door closing, her voice lingers behind her.

"I'm glad she got your brains," I shake my head as Jae kisses my cheek and I get a text from Sofie saying she dropped Deisy off at my house.

Sofie picks up her son, Lyle, who is a year younger than Deisy, and her from school every day after school because she lives a mile closer, but we switch driving every week.

"She might be smarter than me," I exhale deeply, knowing how brilliant our daughter is. I'm really proud of her determination and hard work in school, and I'm looking forward to seeing what her future holds.

"MOM," Deisy calls from her room, and I grin as I kiss Jae on the cheek and walk over to her.

As I walk down the hall, Jae says behind me, "I'll start on dinner." Before stepping into her room, I knock on the door and hear her say "come in."

"Hey mom," Deisy says as she dashes into my arms. I kiss her on the head and encircle her in a tight hug as she does the same.

I was scared at first that I might lose touch with her, but Jae and I work hard every day to strengthen our bond with her. Though there were difficult times as a mother, I don't regret a single one of it since Deisy has grown into the wonderful and kind person that every mother desires.