71. always and forever

Jae's pov

I take a deep intake of the seas salty air. The islands dotted our property, which was surrounded by trees and plants. Flowers and branches creep over the outlooks of one of our balconies, and I enjoy taking the time to appreciate the stunning scenery of where we live. We wanted a home that was completely separated from the rest of the world, so we bought an island.

It didn't matter to me since it was the best decisions we've ever made because I didn't mind being alone with my love for the rest of our lives. In a home where it's just me and her, I can't get enough of her presence.

My gaze wanders to the distance, where the water meets the horizon and the waves crash upon our beach. The smell of fresh nature that envelops my senses when I take a deep breath, and the feeling of the breeze flowing inside our Tuscan inspired house, which Ellie and I created just for us.

When I hear my love in the far rooms where we like to hang out, I get a happy grin on my face. Our nook was created so that we may adore each other's company while looking out the window on a daily basis. I peel myself away from the landscape, making my way to her gracefully humming voice.

"My love?" When I peek through the door and see her painting on her canvas with her back to me, my heart skips a beat. My smile grows as I slowly approach her, the sounds of my feet drowned out by the music. When I circle my arms behind her back, the bare flesh from her bikini lightly rubs against my chest, she comes to a halt. "Hi"

"Hello," she says, her lips puckering as she tilts her head back to face me. I giggle and shake my head as I lean in closer and kiss her lips passionately.

"I love your painting," I say, placing my hands on her shoulders and straightening my back when I gaze at her work of art. As she captures the exact details of the view outside the window, her paintbrush glides smoothly across the canvas.

"Thank you," she breathes, returning her gaze to the entire piece of art that she created on her own. She's been working on this painting for about two weeks, and I respect her persistence and creativity. As I massage the knots in her shoulders, she rests her head against my stomach.

"How are you doing, my love?" I ask as I pick her up to seat her on my lap. She rests her head against my shoulder as I examine her incredible work, which is an exact duplicate of the scenery. My brows raise in amazement at how perfect my love is at all she does, as seen by the masterpiece in front of me.

"I'm great," she shrugs, but I furrow my brows as I observe her attempting to conceal her smile. I turn to face her, pecking her shoulder and hearing her gracious chuckle, which causes my heart to skip a beat. "I'll feel even better If we go for a swim," she says, rising from my lap and my hands massaging her thighs as I stare deeply into her brown eyes.

"Sounds amazing," I mutter as her head closes in on my face, allowing me to kiss her delicious lips, which I admire every second of the day. For how silky and sparkly she is from the sun shining through the window, her touch gives me chills all over my body.

"You're beautiful," I watch her move across the room to put her apron away before returning to me with the largest smile on her face. A smile that makes my heart ache because I adore seeing the happiness and beauty it brings. She runs her fingers through my hair, and I let out a sigh of relief as she rubs her hands over my head and massages the back of my neck, which I love. Her touch constantly sends shivers down my spine because of how gently and slow she moves.

"Are you all set?" she asks and I nod my head, taking her hand as we walk to the back of our property, where our beach is located. She clings to me, her warmth radiating onto my skin and causing me to melt into her embrace. The sun is shining brightly in the distance, amplifying the heat of her touch, which burns my flesh every time she touches me.