42. while it lasts

"Doesn't Malcom have anything to do with our matching outfits?" As I emerge from the bathroom, I see Jae sitting patiently on the edge of the bed, writing in his journal.

His head rises to look at me, and his eyes widen until he closes his journal. When I approach him, Jae tucks his hands under my thighs to pick me up and straddle him. As I rest my arms on his shoulders and his hands curl around my waist to draw me closer, his gaze wanders over my features. When he looks at my body admiringly as I do the same, a smile appears on his face.

He mumbles, "You look incredible," and my eyes find his hazel ones, which pierce right through me. His thumb rubbing in soft circles on my bare skin makes my stomach flutter. "Especially in my favorite color."

"And you look," I say, his brow raising as I tilt my head, pressuring me to say my compliment as he drags his knuckle down my stomach, causing goosebumps all over

"And you look," I say, his brow raising as I tilt my head, pressuring me to say my compliment as he drags his knuckle down my stomach, causing goosebumps all over. "You look hot," I say as I feel his grip tighten, causing me to laugh. Before he pulls away and kisses my jaw, he nuzzles his nose into my neck, making me squirm at the delicate tickling.

"YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO BE LATE TO THE GAME IF YOU DON'T STOP FUCKING"

When we hear Malcom from downstairs, Jae groans. Before standing up and gathering my belongings to leave for the Lakers game, I fix his hair, his focus solely on my subtle movements. I walk past the washroom mirror, examining my appearance until I'm pleased. A smirk appears on my lips as my gaze catches a glimpse of something that piques my curiosity. I consider it before taking it from the counter and stashing it in my bag in case of an emergency. I walk out, finding Jae holding my jacket for me, which I thank him for before he throws his arm around my shoulder and we exit the room, down the stairwell, where everyone is waiting for us.

"Omg," Alex exclaims as she jumps around with Sofie, making my eyes roll. "You're matching."

"Thank you so much for the works of Malcom. I am so grateful Malcom," Malcom rolls his eyes as he mimics our voices and pushing my boobs up to make them perkier as the boys awkwardly peer around the room. I give him a cold stare before slapping his hands away and straightening my own clothes.

"We don't want to be late," I say as I walk to the door, knowing that if I don't go, Malcom will begin shining my shoes. As Jae closes in on me, I hear our friends shouting from behind us.

We get into the elevator, and Jae grabs my hand as he reaches to push the ground button, but I beat him to it. I watch as he furrows his brows, but I shrug and concentrate on the decreasing floor numbers.

"You pressed the basement?" Jae says, his brows already furrowed, making me bite my lower lip to keep my smile hidden.

"I know," I say as he pushes a strand of my hair to the side and I turn to face him. His finger delicately traces my cheekbone, then my jaw, before settling on my bottom lip as he tilts his head. My mouth falls agape as he pulls my bottom lip down, causing my gaze to wander to each freckle on his cheeks. "Our ride is waiting," the elevator doors open, and I hear Jae chuckle over the echoes of the garage as I walk out.