Part 5

I understand my story is going at a slow pace but please bear with me. These small moments are very important to understand the bond that these people share. Later when it becomes a single track then you will see more of them but I believe a story stands out with the family bonding 😊😊 I hope you understand. So let's start

*****************************************
Recap : Swara's Family Time

Unity Villa

The boys had entered their home around 8.30 in the night as they were busy. The servants came and gave them water and straight went to their rooms to freshen up before they sit with their family for dinner

Both the guys came down and found that their family have already seated and waiting for them

(Sujatha) "How was your day?"

(Manik) "It was good and tiring. Had taken a lot of interviews if not for Dad, I would have gone mad as Sanskar was busy with the client's case files reviews and submissions"

(Sanskar) " That's true, it was a crazy day. Now I wish I hadn't given off to Nandini and I should have dragged Cabir as well. It was like we needed two more hands today it was that tiring but anyways, no complains. I am happy how the day has ended"

(Neyonika) "That's great. Ram was also saying it was a busy day for you guys. Enjoy your food it's full Punjabi Special today"

(Ram) "Ya right. We are getting so much of delicacies because Cabir has come. From tomorrow back to the same routine 😭"

(Cabir) "Be happy that we are getting to eat special today and that's fine. Normal is also good"

(Sujatha) "Learn something from him. He is so understanding. Not like you Ramji always cribbing. You need to understand why we have cheat days only on weekends it is so that you guys don't come across issues like diabetes, cholesterol etc."

(Nandini) "Leave it na Maa. They are just pulling your legs. You know how dad is 😂"

(Neyonika) "Exactly Sujatha, now let's have our food."

(Nandini) "Bhai any updates on the case I was talking about?"

(Sanskar) "It's under control don't worry. We have submitted the petition. Let's see what happens. If we can get a date or would it just be solved by an order directly"

(Nandini) " Thanks Bhai"

Sanskar just smiled and nodded his head

(Manik) " Cabir and Nandini, we have hired your assistants. The offer would be rolled out tomorrow so they would join from day after tomorrow. I know you guys were expecting tomorrow but it took us a little time to workout their salary structures and hence there was a delay"

(Cabir) "That's just fine Manik. Thanks for the help. It means a lot"

(Sanskar) "Mom, the issue that you told in the morning, I have spoken to the officials and they have apologized for their behavior. They will look into the matters and close it by tomorrow at max. Let me know if the same is not solved by tomorrow evening, o will send them a notice"

(Neyonika) "Thanks beta. It's a breather"

(Ram) "In case if it continues, Sanskar you let me know. I will handle it in my style"

(Sanskar)" Sure dad. Mostly it should be done. If not I will let you know."

They all continued eating and talking and we're enjoying their time.

After sometime all of them have gone to their rooms and Manan had gone towards the garden for a walk. They were walking hand in hand when Manik asked her

(Manik) "So how was your day?"

(Nandini) "It was good. Cabir Bhai and I enjoyed a lot along with both moms. The moments we spent was just out of the world. He was giving insight of what happened in the two years with him"

(Manik) "Didn't you miss me? I know it's cheesy but I am so used to seeing you around"

(Nandini) "Why will I even miss you Manik? I was so busy around Cabir Bhai that I did not even think about you. He is so much fun you know. Even in office when do we talk so much. You are busy with your work and I am busy with mine. We meet during lunch break or if there is any case discussion then."

(Manik) "But I missed those little moments and you are being such a meanie"

Manik pouted like a kid

(Nandini pecked on his pout and told) "You know right Manik, I was just teasing you. You know I love you so much. Obviously I missed you too. I think that's the reason why we are called childhood lovers isn't it. How can I not love my love. You are my strength and obviously I missed you though I was keeping Cabir Bhai busy. So never doubt my love for you"

Manik smiled and gave her long kiss on her lips.

(Manik) "Sometimes with these small moments between us, I get scared will this moment last a life long. I know I shouldn't doubt but you know like people say nothing lasts forever, I don't want forever I just want to till death do us apart that's more than enough for me"

(Nandini) "Manik, is there something bothering you. You never talk like this. Can you please enlighten me why all these thoughts today and most importantly all of a  sudden"

(Manik) " It's just that we have hired one candidate for the post of senior associate. She is good and she seemed intelligent. She was in the US and then all of a sudden she came back to India and for almost a year and a half she has not been working. She has two kids and she is not even married and you know our society. I understand she has lot of guts to face this ruthless world being a single parent, no doubt her family is very supportive as well more over I don't even know what has happened in her life. But I do not want either of us to be alone like that, I want to be together always"

(Nandini) "Why do you think like that Manik. Let's think in this way. She is strong and independent to face the world. She has survived and she is taking care of kids in the most responsible manner. She has a wonderful family who are so supportive even whatever has happened with her. She is not hiding from anything. This means she can stand alone in a society where women are treated like carpets. How does that even bother us. You should be happy that she is ready to face the world and not hide. We should learn from her of how to start strong and handle everything. Do not think negative Manik. She is a role model material. Moreover ours and her case is so different. Maybe there is someone else in the world for her, who will fight along with her and stand by her side as well. Just as a support system. In fact even in our office she should be treated with dignity since she is a strong women"

(Manik) "Even I don't know why I had all these thoughts. Sanskar also said the same thing. I don't know why I even compared with our lives. Thank you Nandini for listening me out and even I am glad that she is such a strong woman"

(Nandini) "Now shoo off all these thoughts and tell me something, what's her name?"

(Manik) "Her name is Swara Bose and you know something she has done her Master's from the same college from where Sanskar, Cabir and I have. But she is almost your age so it's no way on Earth that we might have known or even seen each other"

(Nandini) "That's interesting. I hope all your apprehensions about Swara and about is have cleared and whenever you have all these apprehensions or doubts in your mind you better come out clean mister. I should not be the one nagging and asking you everything. Do you understand"

(Manik) "Yes, I understand and thank you for always being there with me. I Love You so much Nandini. I thank God each and everyday for bringing you and this family in my life."

By saying this Manik kissed Nandini's forehead with lots of love and just embraced her in his arms. He always finds solace in her arms and that's why he loves her so much.

(Nandini) "Manik, I will always love you and along with you our family"

(Manik) "I know".

After spending a little more time both of them wished each other a goodbye and left to their respective rooms.

Hey Guys, I hope you like this chapter as well. Take care and stay safe. Love you all😊