First day back

Summer break ended on Monday the next week much to Cody's dismay. He was also excited too, he was starting his freshman year of highschool.

He walked out of his bed, his hair was a mess and he was still yawning, but obviously he wasn't leaving the firehouse like that.
He brushed his teeth and moved his hair out of his face (he'd actually style it once he put his clothes on).

"Should I wear something different today? I mean I'm starting highschool, that's pretty significant right?" He wondered, standing in front of his closet.

He ended up going with his usual outfit anyway.

He jogged downstairs to get breakfast and saw his family in the kitchen doing their usual things.
Charlie was drinking coffee and reading the newspaper, Kade was helping himself to some burnt toast, Dani was very zombie-like and had her cup upside down while she poured her coffee, causing it to spill all over the table and the floor, and Graham wasn't there, he was probably still asleep or studying.

"Good morning dad." Cody said.
Charlie looked up from his newspaper. "Morning son. You slept well?" He asked.
Cody grabbed the milk jug and shut the fridge door. "Yeah." He sat down at his spot at the table and poured himself a bowl of cereal. "Has Optimus called back?" He asked.
Charlie shook his head. "Nope, haven't heard a thing from him yet." He said.
Cody frowned. "Yeah I'm not surprised. He's probably just busy like usual." He said.
"Well he'd better get unbusy soon, we have an emergency here!" Kade said.
"Don't worry Kade, I'm sure he'll call back soon enough. We just have to be patient and not cause any suspicion among the new family." Charlie said.
"That could be hard since everybody knows but them." Graham added, finally appearing from the basement.
Dani yawned. "Whatever, I just wanna get through the day." She said tiredly.

Cody didn't want his mood dampened by talk of possible danger to their family so he decided to head out to Frankie's house early.
"Bye guys, see you after school." He said, pulling on his shoes.
"Bye Cody." Dani said.
"Have good day son." Charlie replied.
"Good riddance." Kade joked.
"See ya Cody." Graham said.

Cody shut the door and switched to hoverboard mode on his ComTab. He climbed on and quickly left. On the way he passed by Mr. Harrison, why does anyone still let him use that Heli-pack?

"Hey Mr. Harrison!" He said as he passed by.
"Hi Cody!" He said back.

After a few minutes, Cody reached Frankie's house. He dismounted his ComTab and walked into the garage. "Hey Doc!" He said.
Doc Greene was working, so it took him a moment to respond.
"Oh-oh! Hello Cody! Good to see you up and at 'em!" He said, looking up from his tools.
"Yep, is Frankie almost ready?" Cody asked.
"She's in the house somewhere, go and head upstairs." He said.
Cody nodded. "Okay." He walked upstairs with his ComTab under his arm and hoped that Frankie was nearby so they could go.

To his relief, she was coming down from her room upstairs.
She gave him a quick hug. "Hey Cody!" She said cheerfully.
She had gotten dolled up for her first day. Her hair was in a slick low ponytail with silver clips on the right side of her head and her edges were smoothed down neatly. She wore clear lip gloss, clear jewel studs in her ears, a purple jacket, a pink crop top, a fitted blue skirt, and white tennis shoes, with her nails painted purple.

"You look cool Frankie." He said.
"Thanks, you do too." She replied.
"Liar." Cody said.
Frankie giggled. "If that's what you think." She said. "Anyway, have you heard back from Optimus?" She asked.
"Nah, he's busy." He said, starting to walk off.
"Damn, that sucks." She said.
"Francine!" Anna warned her from the staircase.
"Sorry mom." Frankie called back. She turned back to Cody and rolled her eyes.
"Come on let's get outta here." She said.