Pizza and parents

It was 6 pm and the sun had started to set. Cody sat in front of his mirror looking at his face. He ran his hands through his hair and thought.

Should I do it differently tonight? You know what? Sure, why not?

He brushed his hair out and pulled two strands back into a ponytail with a rubber band, pulling it into a half up half down style. He patted over it and made sure it was neat.

It looks nice I guess.

He pulled on a green sweatshirt he found in the back of his closet, black jeans, and shiny brown boots with black laces. He added a wrist watch he never wore and looked in the mirror again. He posed with his hands in his pockets and nodded, folding his lips in his mouth.

Okay! This is kind of a look!

“Noble.” He muttered with a prideful smile.

Suddenly Kade slammed his bedroom door open, causing Cody to jump in surprise. “Hey Cody, dad says you guys are leaving in ten minutes.” He said. “Hey, I’ve never seen you wear that, you got a date or something?” He asked. Cody blushed and chuckled sheepishly. “No, I’m just meeting up with Seojun and his mom.” He said. “Well, either way ya look nice.” Kade added. Cody smiled. “Thanks Kade.” Kade started shutting the door and nodded. “No problem Code.”

Cody hopped downstairs and walked up to Charlie who was still in uniform. “Dad, you ready to go?” He asked. Charlie turned to him and his face went from relaxed to surprised. “Oh, who is this?” Charlie joked. Cody rolled his eyes with a smile. “Dad…” He said. “Okay okay, let’s go.” Charlie said.

Cody and Charlie walked the short distance to Marcello’s and Cody smiled immediately when he saw Seojun, who stood just outside the shop door leaning against the wall talking to a tall woman he was sure was Mrs. Min. “Hey Seojun!” Cody called to him waving wildly. Seojun turned around towards him and gave him a bright smile back. “Hey Cody!” he said, leading his mother over to them. Cody watched closely as he walked over to them. His hair was loose and shiny, his curls were defined, his smile was charming as usual and he wore a dangling chain earring that connected to a hoop on the curve of his left ear with a silver stud in his right ear. He wore a v-neck white t-shirt under a black leather jacket that hung off of his shoulders, blue jeans with huge holes at the knees and light brown timberland boots.

“Nice outfit Cody.” He said, taking a red lollipop out of his mouth. “Thanks, yours is cool too.” Cody returned. The tall woman tapped his shoulder with the back of her hand and cleared her throat. “Oh right. Cody, Mr. Burns, this is my mam.” He said. “Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Namseon.” She said softly. She shook Cody’s hand first with a smile. “Nice to meet you too.” Cody said. Namseon had long curly hair similar to Seojun’s, but lighter and closer to the wavy side. She had light brown skin and deep brown eyes and sharp ears.

“Seojun’s told me so much about you, I swear he never stops talking.” She said with a cheeky smile. “Maman!” Seojun moaned. “Okay okay, I’ll stop.” She said. She shook Charlie’s hand. “Nice to meet you too Mr. Burns.” She said. “Likewise Mrs. Min. Should we go inside now?” He asked. “Sure.” She said.

Their parents walked ahead and Cody and Seojun stayed close behind. “So do you really talk about me that much?” Cody teased. Seojun snickered and shook his head. “I have no idea what she’s talking about.” He lied. “Mm-hm, sure.” Cody said with a smirk. They went in and sat at a booth across from each other while they waited for food.