A Day Out

Cody woke up at 7 in the morning. He was still exhausted, but this was the least tired he had been the entire month. His head throbbed a little as he sat up, but he shook it off and hopped to the bathroom.

He quickly learned that his impromptu haircut was all for naught. His hair was back to being just past his shoulders and was very messy. He brushed it out of his face with his fingers and looked at himself in the mirror. His eyes were swollen, red, and tired, his nose and cheeks had a red tinge to them, and overall he just looked as horrible as he felt. He sighed, pushed his hair back over his face, and hopped back to his room.

He had only woken up once out of his sleep at three, much better than what he had started to get used to. There was also only one nightmare, so the rest of his sleep was relatively peaceful.

He curled back up under his covers. He turned on his phone and started watching YouTube videos when Frankie texted him.

_Hey Cody, when are you coming back to school?

(Next Monday.

_Aww. I thought it was this week.

(Nope. :D

_Rude, come back already man.

(No can do Frankie. I like being at home.

_Seojun misses you. 😌

Cody frowned at that text in confusion.

(?

(What?

_He doesn’t really say anything, but I can tell. Dude is totally stuck on you.

(-_-

(Don’t give me hope Frankie.

_Okay, but why don’t you just ask him out already?

(I’m not really focused on that right now.

(Why don’t you ask Priscilla out already?

_Actually I did.

(Wait for real?

_Yeah.

_I asked her at the beach before that storm happened.

_We’re going out this Friday.

(Lucky…

_If you worked up the nerve, you’d at least know what he thinks of you.

(I know, but I’m not going to because I don’t wanna risk it.

_Aw come on, you take risks with like everything else. Just do it!

(I will, just not now.