Afternoon

The bell finally rang and Cody jumped up from his desk. Walking home after school was one of the best parts of the day. It always left him feeling calmer after a long day of work.

Frankie had skipped over his desk to talk to Seojun.
"So, where are you from?" She asked curiously.
He paused for a moment. "South Korea." He said.
"Cool, how come you guys moved here?" She asked, walking a little closer to him.
"My father's work." He said.
"Oh that makes sense, what's his job?" She asked.
"Uh…"
"You don't have to ask him so many questions at once, you might annoy him." Cody said, slinging his book bag over his shoulder.
Frankie scoffed. "I'm not annoying him." She said. Then she turned to Seojun, "Am I annoying you?" She asked him.
Seojun shrugged. "Not really, but you are asking me a lot of things." He said.
"My bad, I was just curious." She said.
"It's fine." He pointed at the door with his thumb. "I'm leaving." They didn't really have the chance to say goodbye because he quickly walked away after saying that.

Frankie gave Cody a "wtf" look as soon as he was gone.
"What?" Cody asked.
"Why'd you have to go and say all that, I was just trying to get to know him." She said.
"You could do that later, he'll probably be here tomorrow." He suggested.
Frankie put her hands on her hips. "Are you still embarrassed you bumped into him?" She asked.
"Nah." Cody denied.
Frankie rolled her eyes. "Right… He didn't seem to care that much anyway, why are you hung up over it?" She asked.
"It did just happen this morning, give me a break Frankie." He said.
Frankie adjusted her backpack. "Okay fine, let's go home, everybody's already gone." She said.
"Finally. I thought you were trying to keep me here forever." He joked as they walked out of the classroom.
Frankie elbowed him, shoving him over slightly. "Shut up." She laughed.

Cody and Frankie walked into the firehouse. The rest of the Burns family was out working, so it was quiet. Cody took off his shoes and jacket and decided to get a snack before he started his homework and Frankie did the same, helping herself to some chips and sitting on the couch.

"But you were the one who said it couldn't hurt to get to know the new guys." She said.
Cody curled his lip and squinted his eyes. "You're still on this?" He replied.
"Yeah. Seriously, you already apologized and he seemed chill. It's fine." She said.
Cody set down his cup of orange juice. "Yeah probably, maybe we'll see him on the way to school tomorrow or something." He said.
"That's closer to the spirit!" Frankie said.
Cody rolled his eyes. "Anyway, let's just start on this stuff." Cody pulled out things from his classes.
"At least it's not a lot." Frankie said.
"Yeah, but I still don't wanna do it." Cody replied.