Conspiring Siblings

Though he did have fun at Seojun’s house, Cody was happy to be home. Charlie was in the kitchen drinking Coffee after work. “I can’t believe Don still has the nerve to be running around in the streets like that.” He said when he heard them come in. Cody shrugged. “I mean nothing ever happens to him, it’s not surprising.” Cody said. Charlie nodded and hummed in agreement. He looked up at Cody.

“So, how was your night at the Min's?” He paused and looked at Cody with wide eyes. “It was fun. We dyed our hair.” He said, pointing to his head. “I can see that.” Charlie said. He looked at Kade for an answer and Kade just shrugged. “It looks nice.” Charlie said. “Thanks.” Cody said with a bright smile. “I’m gonna head up to my room now.” He said. “Okay.” Charlie replied. Cody hopped upstairs, leaving Charlie and Kade alone in the kitchen.

“Kade?” Charlie said. “Hm?” Kade hummed. “What do you think of Seojun?” He asked. Kade’s mind immediately flashed to their hug he’d witnessed on the couch, how close they were when they left his house, and how obvious it was that Cody was lying about why he stayed overnight.

“Um. He’s cool I guess.” Kade said hesitantly. “Yeah, he seems like a good kid. Maybe we should have the Min’s over soon. I don’t think we’ve properly thanked Seojun for saving Cody that night. We didn’t even talk about it yesterday.” Charlie said. “Would all of them even fit in our house though?” Kade asked. “We could have dinner in the bunker.” Charlie said. “Yeah, I guess so.” Kade replied. “I’ll ask Namseon about it in a couple of days.” Charlie said. “Sure.” Kade replied, walking away.

Seojun was nice enough, sure, but his and Cody’s relationship was a little suspicious to him. He could see the way that they looked at each other, and it was definitely a little more than friendly. Was that the reason Cody stayed the night?

Kade cringed and shook his head.

Nope, I don’t wanna think about that.

It was possible though. Cody wasn’t as young anymore and teenagers do irresponsible things. He knows he sure did when he was Cody’s age. That just made Kade even more worried about Cody’s safety. It could be better to just ask him, but that would be so awkward. Maybe he could get Charlie to ask instead.

Ugh, I need somebody to share this with so I don’t have to be alone anymore.

He walked down to the basement and over to Graham’s room. “Graham! Let me in!” He said as he knocked. “Just a minute!” Graham called back. As soon as he said that, Kade heard shuffling noises in the room and Graham muttering to himself. Kade rolled his eyes.

He’s so weird.

Graham opened the door. He didn’t have his glasses on, and was only wearing red plaid pajama pants. Which was strange for him, but whatever.

Kade walked into his room and sat on the bed. He sighed heavily and shook his head. “What’s going on?” Graham asked. “I dunno. I’m just kinda worried about Cody.” Kade said. Graham sat beside him on the bed. “Why?” He asked. “Cody’s growing up, and teenagers have no idea what they’re doing.” He said. Graham was confused. “Okay. What about it?” He said. “It’s just that….I think he and Seojun are together in some kind of way.” He said.

“Are you sure?” Graham asked. “Not really, but there’s definitely something strange about the way they are around each other. When I came home after work one day, I saw them on the couch hugging, like not a normal hug like a really really close one, like Cody was basically in that boy's lap.” Kade explained. “Oh, okay.” Graham replied. “Also, the other day, I woke up really early in the morning and I could hear them talking. I think he was in his room, but Cody said he was watching a video.” Kade said.

Graham nodded. “And this morning when I picked Cody up they were really close to each other and they were giving each other really funny looks. Also when we got in the car, Heatwave asked why he decided to stay the night over there he stuttered and it was pretty clear he wasn’t telling the truth. And during the ride home Seojun texted him and I glanced at it, and it was a picture of them. From what I saw they were very close in that one too. I don’t fully know what’s going on with them, but Cody’s definitely not telling us everything.”

Graham shrugged. “I mean is that really surprising?” He said. “No. It just doesn’t feel right.” Kade replied. “Why are you telling me this then?” Graham asked. Kade chuckled. “I need someone to share the burden, I don’t really wanna put the idea out there though.” He said hesitantly.

“So basically, you think they’re fucking.” Dani said from the doorway. Graham and Kade jumped in surprise. “Don’t say it like that, that’s weird! But I dunno, maybe..” Kade said. “Um, how long have you been here?” Graham asked. “Long enough.” Dani said, sitting on the floor in front of the.

“I think maybe you’re looking too far into it. Sure they may be close, but it doesn’t mean they’re having sex, they might not even like each other like that. And they’re also still pretty young.” Dani said. “Yeah, but you guys remember the kind of trouble I got into when I was their age though.” Kade reminded them. “I honestly wish I didn’t.” Dani said. “Personally I don’t think they’re doing all that. I think Cody likes him though. Plus, you could always just ask him.” Graham said.

“No way! That would be so awkward.” Kade said. “You could get dad to ask him.” Graham said. “Nope! Dad’s even more awkward when it comes to this kind of stuff. Remember what happened when I got my first period?” Dani said. All of them shuddered at the thought. “I can’t believe he got Mrs. Neederlander to talk to you about it.” Graham said. “It was so embarrassing.” Dani remembered.

“Okay so we’re not gonna make him suffer through Dad’s shenanigans. What now?” Kade asked. “I don’t know. I don’t wanna talk to him about it.” Graham said. “I don’t either.” Dani said. “Let’s just buy him a sex-ed book, drop it off by his door and hope for the best.” Graham said sarcastically. Kade huffed. “Might as well.” He muttered. “It’s better than nothing. Dani said.

Graham gave his siblings a long look of disappointment and confusion. He sighed deeply and pinched the bridge of his nose, instinctively scooping his hand as if he were shoving his fingers under his glasses. "Seriously?" He murmured.

They sat in silence for a moment. “So should we look on Amazon first?” Kade said. “Let’s go for it.” Dani said, grabbing Graham’s laptop. “So whose account are we using.” Kade asked. “Uh, your’s obviously. Since you made us talk about this mess in the first place.” Dani said. “Fine.” Kade said bitterly. “And what if he comes around asking about it?” Dani asked. “I don’t think he will, that’s too awkward.” Kade said. “If he does, just act dumb and blame it on dad.” Graham said. “Sounds like a plan.” Dani agreed.

Graham sighed in exasperation while his sibling argued over which book to buy. All of this talk about Cody’s possible exploits made him glad for once that hardly anyone pays any attention to what he’s doing. He looked at his phone in relief.

Whew, thank Primus I hung up before I let Kade in. I hope he’s not too upset about it.