Full Schedule

Cody was in high spirits as they rode to the doctors office. He couldn’t help but carry a big bright smile along with him. “Are you excited to finally start walking again Cody?” Charlie asked. “Very.” Cody replied. “Glad to hear it.” Charlie said.

Cody hopped out of the car on his crutches and into the doctor’s office. He was practically bouncing off of the walls while his dad signed him in. “Hello again Cody.” Doctor Lee said. “Hey Doctor Lee!” Cody replied as he and Charlie followed her to the exam table. Another Doctor, Doctor Garcia, brought in the saw. That was a little intimidating, but it was small so Cody wasn’t too worried. “You ready?” He asked. “Yep.” Cody replied.

He watched in Fascination as Doctor Garcia carefully cut off his cast and took it off. “Do you want to keep it?” He asked. “No way.” Cody replied. Doctor Garcia chuckled. “I thought you’d say that.” He gave it to Doctor Lee to throw it away. Then he examined Cody’s leg and tested his reflexes.

Cody’s leg had lost a little bit of muscle mass while it was in the cast, but not much since he had had it on for such a short time. “Looks good!” Doctor Garcia said cheerfully. Though Cody’s foot was free of his cast now, he still had to wear a walking boot. It wasn’t his favorite, but at least he could walk again.

“Thanks Doctor Garcia.” Charlie said. “Of course. Hopefully we don’t see you back anytime soon for this.” He said. “I hope so too, that would suck.” Cody agreed. “Alright Cody, let’s head on out.” Charlie said. “Thanks again!” Cody said as he walked out of the door. “Bye.” Doctor Garcia said with a smile and wave as they left.

Charlie checked them out and almost as quick as they got here, they were back out of the door. “How are you feeling son?” Charlie asked. “Pretty good. When are we going shopping?” He asked. “Woah, settle down son. You should rest a little before we go anywhere.” Charlie said with a laugh. “Aw okay.” Cody pouted. He looked out of the window for a moment. “But when are we going?” He asked. “Cody, I’ll tell you when we’re gonna go.” Charlie said. “Okay.” Cody replied.

Cody jumped excitedly through the door. “The cast’s off!” He shouted. “Cody calm down, you shouldn’t be jumping around yet.” Charlie said as he walked in behind him. “Oh right, sorry.” Cody said.

“That’s great lil bro.” Kade said with a mouth full of cereal. “Yeah, glad you’re finally free.” Dani half joked. “Well, almost free.” Cody said, pointing down to his boot. “It’s just like a medical shoe, it won’t be that bad.” Dani said. “Yeah I know, but I would like to wear both of my shoes for once” Cody said. “Tch! You’ll be fine. It won’t be long before you’re on your hoverboard again.” Dani said. “Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that.” Cody said. “Also, where’s Graham?” He asked. “He’s holed up in his room again.” Kade said. “Okay, thanks!” Cody bounded off towards the basement to go bother his older brother.

He knocked on his bedroom door. “Graham, are you in there?” He asked through the door. “Yeah.” He said. “Can I come in?” He asked. Graham paused. “Yeah, sure.” He said. Cody opened the door. Graham was at his desk, busy writing something. “So, did you get the money?” He asked. Graham handed him an envelope. “I put it on a gift card instead.” He said. “Cool thanks.” Cody said, giving him a hug. “You manipulate me into giving you money, and then you hug me?” Graham asked in shock. “Isn’t that usually how it goes?” Cody joked. Graham chuckled and shook his head. “Go away kid.” He said. “Okay!” Cody said. He shut the door behind him and put the card in his pocket. He went back to his bedroom and jumped onto his bed.