Origins: Part 2

“You said that your dad said your mom could stay with his family.” Cody reminded him. “Oh, right.” Seojun replied. He turned the pages and looked over it. “Okay, so. My mam wasn’t sure about it. With how far apart their statuses were, she was worried about how other people would react. My father was unconcerned about it and just decided he’d fight them all off if he needed too, and from using her powers she could tell he was being genuine, so she decided to come along with him.” He explained.

“What are your mom’s powers?” Cody asked. “My mom has the base Nyumal powers of strength and agility, she also can look into your eyes and tell if you’re lying, and has thermal vision.” Seojun said. Cody nodded. “What about your dad?” He asked. “Same base powers, he can also become invisible, and phase through anything made of naturally occurring material.” He replied. “Noble!” Cody said. “I wish I had super powers.” Seojun chuckled. “It’s okay I guess.” He said.

“Anyway, my mam met my father’s family three days later. His parents were still on earth, but he had numerous cousins and a great grandmother there. She also found out that he had a son.” He said. Cody was surprised. “Your dad already had a kid?” He asked. Seojun nodded. “My father is nine years older than my mother, and had been in more relationships than she had. My oldest brother Koju was born when he was nineteen and was the son of a family friend, Kula, from the Emari clan. They stayed in the Comal lands with his family. Lucky for my mother, they were never together, they just had a kid.” He explained.

Cody nodded. “Wait, what about Kerchek?” He asked. “I was about to explain that one too. Kerchek and I are also half brothers. His mom is a woman from earth who's a fourth human. Her name was Syrah I think, and she was from Atlanta. My dad was totally in love with her, and she got pregnant with my brother a year and a half after they met. My father was really excited, but a few months after she found out, they had a major fight and broke up. After that, she didn't let him see my brother at all. The only thing that Syrah told him about them is that she had a daughter. My dad was devastated because he wanted to be in Kerchek’s life, so he took a trip to South Korea where he met my mam.” He explained further.

“Wait, why’d she tell him that she had a daughter?” Cody asked. “My brother's transgender, so it sort of was right at the time, just not now.” Seojun said. “Oh okay, that makes sense.” Cody replied. “Don’t worry, he said I could tell you. He doesn’t mind.” Seojun added. Cody nodded. “Oh okay, cool.” He said.

“So a few months later, I was born. I was born pretty early and was very weak as a baby, so my parents weren’t sure I was going to make it. Kula stayed with me every day and used her healing powers to help me, and Koju distracted my other siblings so my parents didn’t have to worry about them. It wasn’t enough though, so in the middle of the night when I was three weeks old I was on the verge of death and Kula told my parents that there was nothing that she could do.” He said.

“My mam was distraught and begged the ancestors to save me. My dad froze up while this was going on, but he still told my mother what he saw very clearly. After my mom had cried non stop for five minutes my eyes glowed a bright green which overtook my and my mother’s bodies. My father tried to jump in to rescue us, but he was blown back by the force of something powerful. After two minutes of this, everything calmed down and my mam collapsed with me in her arms. My father was terrified and ran over to us. It turns out that we were fine, just tired from the events of that moment.” He said.

Cody was shocked and confused. “How were you just fine all out of nowhere?” He asked. “I’m getting to that.” Seojun said.