2. THE GRIMSBANE TEXT

CHAPTER 2

THE GRIMSBANE TEXT

❤❤

Lauren spent four hours inside the room writing away what she could about the incident in the language that any Parasitic Supernatural Being can't read -the Grimsbane text. The PSBs were cursed by a witch lineage -Grimsbane -not to read or understand that particular language. The Grimsbane family members had to bond their powers to form the curse that would stop the PSBs in reading or understanding that particular language. It was the only way to save themselves and other people from the PSBs. When the six Grimsbane witches were done with forming the curse, 5 of the elder witches died as their power drained from their body because the curse was too much for them to handle. Only one of the young witches survived and she hunted down the PSBs all her life. She tricked them with the new language that her family had formed. That was an easy distinction to find the PSBs as they flinched at the sound or sight of that language.

These stories were still told in different shapes and forms to kids, but who would believe that there were PSBs lurking out there and perhaps that they were on the verge of extinction.

Lauren wrote all that she knew about Verona and about PSBs in her diary in the Grimsbane text. She had a hope that someday people would know her... even if her soul goes extinct. The mere thought of her soul going extinct made her cry hard with shuddering sobs.

As she finished writing, she was ready to get out of that room. Her thigh was a mess. She had used her shirt's sleeve to wrap her thigh, but it had only stopped the bleeding and not her pain. And it definitely didn't heal. The PSB who fed on my dad's soul's energy would have been healed. She thought to herself. She would be fully healed by now from when my dad hit her head against the wall. She was bleeding, but she would be all healed by now. 

As she stepped out the room and shut the tiny door behind her, she whispered the password -'ti laes nerual mi'. The wall moved to hide the door. The fountain that was burbling was swallowed under the floor again after she whispered the password.

She knew that her dad's body would still be lying there. Just as she left. His boy was lying there in the bloodstained floor. He had reached mortis and his discolored veins were well visible. Decomposing and disgusting, it was, but Lauren couldn't hold her weeps in her throat. They escaped into the air and she couldn't stop the convulsive shivers in her body. She still couldn't see her father's soul floating anywhere. Maybe the energy in his soul hadn't renewed fully yet. But Lauren was certain that his soul wasn't extinct. The fact that killed Lauren emotionally was that she cannot give her father a proper burial. She dragged his heavier-by-the-minute body, to the stairs of the basement. It's just a body that dad lived in. It's his soul that deserves respect. Dragging his body like this isn't disrespectful. She kept repeating in her mind through her sobs and rolled him down the stairs into the basement and she shut the basement door. She could feel it in the air that danger was waiting outside and she can't stay indoors forever.

Lauren knew that Verona would go for Wyatt. It was the only way to lure Lauren out. Lauren prayed that he wasn't hurt. Wyatt and Lauren were supposed to get married next month.

"You are lying." Lauren tried to be in denial but it wasn't working.

"Well, come and see for yourself," she scoffed. "Do you think I am not capable of making a ghost possess Wyatt? Let me remind you, Lauren; I can rule ghosts." Her voice was overflowing with rage, pride and evil.

That was exactly what Lauren was afraid of. That was exactly what Lauren was trying to get Verona out of - evil.

"You can come till the threshold of the house and see for yourself. I can't harm you anyway," she challenged Lauren.