22. THE SIXTH FIGURE

CHAPTER 22

THE SIXTH FIGURE

❤❤

"Hey... what's with the silence?" Elec's mom asked. She sauntered in undoing her hair with her unruffled makeup.

She looked just like Elec and she looked like someone who'd be mistaken for a model. Elec inherited everything from her mother except that deep auburn hair. It's mostly brown, but you'd see red in some light settings. I really needed to learn how Mrs. Withers kept her hair under control.

She screened the silence for a good one minute and asked again. "Why are you all so silent?" and then she got distracted by the appearance of Aiden and Verena. "Who is this?" she asked Elec, pointing at Verena.

"That's our old friend - Verena."

"Old?"

"She used to be our classmate and then their family moved out of town."

"Nice to meet you, Verena." She gave an effusive smile. "Aiden...!" She said in a spirited exclamation. "I'm surprised to see a boy in my house. I don't think Miles had ever step foot in my house." Elec rolled her eyes. Her mom didn't have a clue of their breakup or was she putting feelers out? Only Elec would know. "Is Elec still giving you a tough time, Aiden?"

"Oh! No, Mrs. Withers. We are cool," he lied with a feathery smile. I must say he knew how to act cool.

"You are a maligner, too. Oh! I'm not surprised." She gave a faint click of her tongue. "I still give you a hard time and I will continue."

"Elec..." I shook my head in repudiation of her rudeness. Why did she have to get rude like that to him?

"Elec..." Her mom's voice was a confection, but with the undertones of a candied warning. Ran in the blood, that trait. "Be kind, Elec. Aiden, don't take anything that she says personally. She just hates all men. You know, it all started with her dad...," She began to explain how her misandry started.

"Mom... I think you should go prune in your bathtub," Elec growled.

"I'm out." She half rolled her eyes and walked away with a dainty wave. I was still looking at her luscious gleaming hair as she climbed the stairs.

Mrs. Cherie Withers was a lawyer and she was the strongest women I had met in my real life. She had done a good job of bringing Elec up. Strong like her except Elec had this need to control everything. The good thing was, she knew how to control things and she could be a good leader. She was an alpha like Fiona said. Fiona... Fiona... Fiona... Why was her name going around in my mind like a duck running?

The figure that I saw outside the window, it had features like Fiona. I mean, it wouldn't be very appalling if she had followed us there, but why would she do that? I watched as Mrs. Withers took the last step up the stairs, and then she disappeared from my sight. I leaned in and I shushed.

"What is it?" Irsia whispered.

"I think I know who the sixth figure is."

"The one by the window?" Elec asked, giving her head a confused tilt.

"That's someone we know?" Irsia's tone was crammed with some form of distaste. "Why couldn't I guess? Maybe it's the nyctophobia. It's stressing me out." 

"I can't hear you," Aiden hushed.

I gestured to him to come near us. "I think it was Fiona. You know her hair style, height and dress... you know that oversized kaftan top she wears, right? It kind of looked like her."