12. TOUCHY MUCH?

CHAPTER 12

TOUCHY MUCH?

❤❤

I stepped inside the last room of the hallway willingly. I felt my pulse in the neck against the nerves, and I knew in my gut that I was standing in the room with someone else. I felt what I thought was a breath over my left ear.

"Miles, is that you?" That was a stupid thing to ask.

I moved my frozen body and turned to my side. I flashed the light. My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness, and... there she was. The one that had been playing hide and seek in the shadows with me from the moment I entered the house. Tall and slender. Long hair and long nails. I got a little preoccupied with the other details that I didn't see her feet floating. She was looking straight at me. Miles was just lying on the floor, where her feet were dangling. I heard the door singing a rusty song while it shut itself with an echoing thud. I rushed to the door, but I couldn't find it. I didn't know where the wall or door was. In a barreling movement, she touched me with her nail on my neck just below my right ear, and I let out an involuntary scream. I heard the footsteps of my friends.

"Margo." I heard Aiden's voice.

"What is it?" Elec never lost her demanding voice.

"Please, don't tell me you saw a roach. I'd kill you," Irsia cursed.

I felt the cold palm across my nape, over my shoulder, and I screamed again. "There is someone in here with me. Open the door," I cried.

"What? Who?" It was Irsia. I promised myself that I wouldn't punch her for this.

"Hurry... both of you," Elec was giving out orders.

She didn't move an inch away from me. I was sure that I was in harm's way. I'd take the entire blame for walking into the God-forbidden house and then taking the most stupidest decision that even anyone infected with CONMISDUM wouldn't have done - I walked into the room where someone was murdered. I didn't stop screaming every freaking time I felt her touch. Then suddenly she was not near me anymore, or at least she had stopped touching me. My friends succeeded in opening the door and I sprinted out. I bumped into Elec and she fell again.

"Ouch," she groaned.

I didn't even help her back up and I turned to see if she was still there, but Aiden was already inside the room.

"There's no one in here, Margo," he declared, and he saw Miles on the floor. Aiden knelt down and tapped Miles's cheek, asking him to wake up. "Miles... wake up," he kept repeating.

"No... there was someone. I swear."

Finally, Miles came to his senses and he woke up with a gasp and stood up instantly. "There was something in here," was the first sentence that he stuttered.

"I told you... I freaking told you," I cried. "Wait... What? Did you just say 'something'?"

Elec scrambled up, standing with her left foot alone. I saw Irsia and Elec's eyes fixated on something. I squinted my eyes to adjust my sight, and yes... there she was again. Floating embedded in the darkness. Just behind Miles and Aiden.

"Aiden," Irsia cautioned. "I think you should come out."

"Yeah... Miles... you too. Just walk slowly to me...," Elec dragged, with her voice truncated.

Again, she was looking straight at me. I felt like no one else was in danger there. I felt like I was the only person in danger there. I felt as targeted as the bullseye.