(Bonus Chapter 1) AIDEN WILDER - I'M HAUNTED

Author's note: The following chapter is in Aiden's POV. The important events of the whole story is written in his POV. This could be a little disoriented if you are reading just this chapter for judging purposes but I'm sure you'll find Aiden's character sketch, his intentions and the flow of the story crystal clear.

Aiden's POV

I'M HAUNTED

❤❤

"This is Margo Fawn and Electra Withers." Irsia Bookman introduced her friends. I was washing my mom's car when she dragged her friends over to me. Her merry attitude was hospitable. I had moved into Ostonn Newvale not too long ago and had to redo my sophomore year because of all the moving around my family had to go through because of the onslaught of CONMISDUM. Though Irsia Bookman did give me a luminously friendly smile, she did keep her distance for the first week I moved in. I was supposed to be in quarantine for a week to prove the neighbors and the school board that I wasn't infected with CONMISDUM.

"Nice to meet you, Aiden. Irsia tells me you are a sophomore." Margo Fawn stretched her hand.

"Wet." I didn't shake her hand. "I'm redoing actually."

"Miss congeniality here," Margo Fawn addressed Irsia Bookman, "will help you. You don't have a choice in the matter."

"Can we leave?" One look at Electra Withers, I knew she had a natural animosity for boys.

I missed my old friends, but I was thrilled that my mom had found a house for us very near a secluded lake and a school with the finest swim team. I made friends with Edric Bookman, older brother of Irsia. He was a senior and was the captain of the swim team. That was all I had to do, become friends with Edric Bookman and everyone knew me. I hung out with Edric Bookman, the guy almost every girl wanted and every boy who checked out his sister earned the right to pay a visit to the hospital. Edric made sure no one dared to even so much as look at his sister. Rumor had it that he drove a guy to the hospital himself for asking his sister out and that the guy switched school after that. Electra hated him. There was a long rivalry between her boyfriend -Miles Harmon and Edric. I was surprised that Electra even had a boyfriend.

It wasn't a comforting jaunt in Acadia High redoing Sophomore year, but something made it interesting. I thought it'd be just a short-lived enamour that I had for Margo Fawn. She had olive skin, black hair that always made bad hair days look worse, a good 3 heads shorter than me, a smile that would make her a beauty pageant and overrule her riotous hair, her attitude askew to introversion and blithesome disposition. She was refreshing. If I did not outgrow her, even after knowing she had a boyfriend, I definitely had a problem. A serious one that required me being around her all the time.

Margo had no idea I had been basically stalking her, but Irsia and Electra knew. Electra already had a reason to hate me and I made sure I gave her one more.

"I'd say don't fall for the wrong guy, Fawn, but you won't listen, would you?" Edric put it subtle. He had a knack for that, but he looked at the wrong girl when he tried to kill two birds with the same stone. Elec didn't even acknowledge Edric and Margo tossed a shrewd look at Edric, completely unaware of the alternate information. Irsia made a retching reaction and Margo laughed, pitching her head back a little, a sound that clinked warmly.

When Edric told me that Kyle had been hooking up with Sophie Garcia, I knew I would have to be generous to drive Kyle to the dentist myself. I just had to wait for Margo to find it herself. I could say to her, but I didn't want to watch it all blow up. When there came a time when she'd know about my feelings and if she recounted that I was the one who lit up the fire to the smoke she choked on, that would not be right. I didn't know how Edric was so sure that Kyle had been hooking up with Sofie, but I didn't want to push it. Edric had been rooting for me the moment he saw me, with a dense, pining look that I couldn't curtain seeing her with a self-absorbed prick like Kyle. He probably had her because she added value to him. Everyone knew she was a friend of Electra Withers and Irsia Bookman. To me, she was the demure goody-goody who had a bright-eyed attitude blending with her introversion. I would never understand how that combination worked for her, but it did. It really did to the point that I couldn't wrench my eyes from her.