14. FIRST TIMES

CHAPTER 14

FIRST TIMES

❤❤

I saw Irsia and Aiden at the threshold of the hallway. Aiden kept smiling at me for no reason I could even assume. He kept mocking me with a slender smile. I started to smile back at him because I saw Fiona in a gait which I befittingly judged to be titillating. Irsia sensed my mischief. She turned around to see Fiona walking toward Aiden. She raised her eyebrows in a sudden, whimsical savvy, and she laughed, too. Fiona, Elec and I reached Aiden and Irsia almost at the same time. Fiona had somehow brought the same white flannel shirt that I wore on Monday. I threw myself a pink cardigan and a black pair of jeans because the weather wasn't helping my cold.

Elec's caramel kaftan looked too good. Fiona would buy that same top very soon. Irsia was wearing a sporty green tank top paired with her favorite ice blue jeans and her black shrug with tufty threads. Her hair always amazed me. Elec and Irsia wore the same color pants and they hollered 'coincidence much?' Aiden and I laughed at seeing them holler like that. It was a stupid habit that we had developed over the years. Apparently, a lot of heads turned at us. But who cared? It wasn't a crime. We were just being happy. And crazy. Girls could do that!

"Hey... the girl who got touched by the ghost," Aiden greeted, totally oblivious of the eavesdropper.

"Come on, Aiden. Stop using game jargon here." Elec improvised.

"The girl who got touched by the ghost? What does that mean?" Oh my! Fiona was being pig-headed about it.

"Uhhh...," Aiden dragged, shocked to see Fiona standing next to him. I was so quelling my laughter at his reaction.

"It's an online game where we battle ghosts and demons." Irsia was so effortless.

"Oh really?" She mocked. "A game just too perfect for you girls."

"Mind you. Aiden loves to play it." I had to say that to see her reaction and it worked. She looked thrown off.

"Aiden, you play online games? I'd love to join you," Fiona sounded a little less bitchy and more chirpy.

"Yeah... I used to like to play but you know, I'm suddenly bored... er... to play... online games...," he dragged the words in an uncomfortable tone and gave his best indifferent shrug to escape.

"What are you talking about? You were such a pro yesterday. You should play with Fiona." I used my free pass to banter efficiently. He deserved it.

"Well, I think it would be interesting to play online games with you." She garnished her come-hither statement with batting eyes.

Irsia and I couldn't stop giggling. Elec looked stunned by what had just happened. Fiona took a look at Elec's leg. Oh! Lord! That would just give a stir at her deviant curiosity with Elec.

"Alpha's ankle is hurt," Fiona stated in a bored intonation.

"Yeah... I saw something disgusting like you and I fell." Elec and her answers. Damn! I wished I could talk like her at times.

Fiona took a step forward, as if she dared to slap Elec. She looked like she was going to jump on top of Elec. Elec was not one bit scared of her. Elec just stood there with her usual
uncompromisingly downright daunting attitude.

Aiden interrupted, "as much as I love to watch the unremitting retorts and insults shot back and forth, Fiona, it's time for you to leave." He looked very sincere. The problem was, Fiona would only take it as a sign of adoration from Aiden. Her parting look at Aiden proved my guesswork was accurate. She made a beeline for the classroom.