(Bonus chapter 4) AIDEN WILDER - DENIAL CLIFF & NEGATION PIT

Author's note: The following chapter is in Aiden's POV. The important events of the whole story is written in his POV. This could be a little disoriented if you are reading just this chapter for judging purposes but I'm sure you'll find Aiden's character sketch, his intentions and the flow of the story crystal clear.

❤️❤️

DENIAL CLIFF & NEGATION PIT

❤❤

The next day, as promised, Verena Arevalo was promptly at my house. Verena had told me that there were towering odds that Margo could be in danger by the ghost's touch and promised to help her for me. Margo seemed afflicted by Verena's presence in the beginning, but when I came back to the room with Verena's tea, they were chatting like gal pals in hushed tones. Verena left, reminding Margo to block her thoughts.

I asked Margo to write a poem about love. It had been so long since I heard one of her poems. She agreed to write one as a congratulatory gesture for the scuffle I was involved in last night. A mismatched correlation, but as long as she wrote one, that was good enough for me.

When Verena called with a really important information, it initially annoyed me.

"Verns, I just learnt that I should never let Margo alone with you." I got out the basement with my laundered clothes. My mom was busy with my sister in Ironwyn who had a baby on the way.

"Hey, I was just helping."

"By meddling?" I stretched across the couch.

"My meddling had found some juicy information."

"I thought you were here to read her mind about the impact of the ghost's touch."

"Turned out to be more. Do you want to know or do you want to know?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Well, you could hang up."

"Spill, Verns."

"I saw your interesting walk home with her in her mind. Mayflowers and ice cream."

"Spell privacy, Verns."

"Shut up and listen."

I huffed in a slight exasperation. "As much as I want to know what she thinks of me, please don't invade her privacy."

"Well, you could opt out now." Her jesting beat was off.

"Spill..." I pressed.

"She is blocking your thoughts."

"That is the opposite of what I'm trying to do."

"Negation works, Aiden. Patience. She has been blocking your thoughts because she is confused. She doesn't address to herself if she likes you or not and jumps to blocking. Meaning her feelings for you are warming."

"Nice theory."

"It's a very promising theory. I even told her your venture with Kyle the day that picture was posted."

"Verena, why would you do that?"

"You should have seen her face."

"Tell me that was all you said."

"Nope. I told her you have a crush on her."

Crush was a very far, dim backdrop in the past, in contrast to what I felt now. I have grown something more abysmally strong recently. "I'm letting you off the hook because you have supernatural powers."