7. TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE

CHAPTER 7

TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE

❤❤

It had been a week and I was still healing. I knew that Elec would have told Irsia and Irsia to Aiden about the calls that I had been getting. They didn't ask me out loud, but every time I looked at my phone, they looked weird. Um, no, to be exact, they looked at each other. I wanted to tell them about what was going on, but I still didn't have the energy to explain what was really going on. So, I kept my phone turned off most of the time. At home, it was dead quiet. I felt like I had no one to talk to.

The nights were the worst. I remembered the days when Damon was still a puppy. He used to be so scared of the dark that we left a small light on for him. He was such a baby. The thought that he was lying underground in the dark hit me right in my chest every time I closed my eyes. It wasn't easy. Sometimes for no reason I left the light on in my bedroom and went to bed. When the silence was screaming, I put the earphones on and slept. Sometimes I found Elec peeking at my room. She wanted to stay with me, but I pushed her away. I pushed away Irsia and Aiden, too. That's what I did when I didn't know when I could burst into tears. That's exactly what I did when I found Kyle was cheating on me.

Another week passed. I would just see my dad in the morning when he was getting ready for work. The only interaction we had was waving bye to each other when either one of us left home. The only conversation I had with my mom was when she called me to have food and I'd respond with a 'I'm coming'. This week I promised myself to unfreeze my sad face and pull my lips on either side because I was scared that I would fall into this freaking sadness abyss and die. I didn't want to die because I wanted to freaking live. Become a published author or a poet. I wanted to prove my parents that I'm not a failure. I wanted to prove Kyle that I survived and every other pervert that I survived. Most of all, I wanted to prove myself that I wasn't the type to give up.

There was no news about Desiree Gardiner. The newspaper had headlines about 4 missing people. All from Aelburn town. Aelburn was the most affected because of CONMISDUM. The Aelburn cemetery had much of ghoul sightings, too. News on TV said that Aelburn was becoming a ghost town. People started to move into other towns. People were just ready to even ditch their own houses and jobs. It was a small town, after all. The news also added that the whole town could become empty in a matter of a fortnight. Even my neighborhood had some new move-ins from Aelburn. They were supposed to be in quarantine for a week.

It was Monday and after 2 hours of math and one hour of chemistry, my brain was numb. At lunch, I planned to tell my friends about what was really going on with those phone calls. I knew they would have probably guessed, and they were probably waiting for me to tell it out loud to them for some form of confirmation. Somewhere in between chewing, clenching and listening to Irsia talk about the missing corpses, I took a deep breath and I uttered, "I have a confession."

I literally felt the depth of six eyeballs at me. I felt Elec and Irsia move closer to me with curiosity shining in their eyes, and Aiden had a slightly frowned forehead. Just then, Fiona walked over. I just didn't know whether her timing was off or perfect.

"I heard Kyle is moving to Glasscoast University next month and he is throwing a party this weekend..." She jabbed in the scar.

"He can go to jail for all I care," I hissed.

"What happened, Margo...?" She faked. "Oh! I'm sorry. I forgot that you guys broke up..." She paused for a faux exclamation. "Or should I say that I forgot that he dumped you."